View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 03:44 AM
Mr. Impatient
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by pixiedude
There is a scene in the second half where Donnie's dad gives him a supportive speech about standing up to the conspiracy of bull****.

Later, when his mom is about to drive to the airport with the Sparkle Motion troupe, he hugs her and tells her there isn't something broken in his brain. She hugs him back and says she knows.

On the way to his last trip to Carpathian Ridge, with Gretchen's body in the car, he stops at home, and kisses his older sister's hair as she sleeps in a chair in the living room.

The movie ends with a plastic-covered body being rolled out of the house on a gurney as the NTSB guys go in. It's morning, Donnie's family are crying in the yard as a crane hoists the jet engine. Gretchen rides down the street on her bike. She stops across the street, and asks a little boy what happened. As he tells her, she looks at the house and people as though with a sense of deja vu, and makes eye contact with Donnie's mother. They wave at each other.

As far as "family bonding" scenes, there is the funny potty-mouth contest at the dinner table in the beginning, but I can't imagine the rest of the film without that, so I figure it must have been in the original release.
This scene is on the DVD, in the deleted scenes.

I think this is in the deleted scenes, too. I can't remember, because when I read this description, I thought of when Donnie asks his mom how it feels to have a wacko for a son.

These other scenes mentioned are in the DVD release.

I wonder if they put the full version of the "Holiday Inn" scene in the Director's Cut?