View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 09:09 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelai
Well I rarely post but tonight I just felt like getting my frustrations out so here it goes:
Me too.

Quote:
Rant...

I have no words for Gilmore Girls tonight. Let's just say this is by FAR the worst episode ever written and totally destroyed the last 6 years and what Lorelai used to be about.
Thank you. It was a freaken joke, the CL scenes sickened me completely and it wasn't about them physically, it was the writing being totally off. The history was poked at and twisted completely. WTF? Nothing made any sense!

Quote:
Sorry I saw it as a big **** you to the majority of the audience and it truly sickens me.
Yes it was. It was like I was waiting for DR to jump out and head to the front of the screen putting his middle finger up to the entire audience or something. Honest to God I felt like I was watching a different show, this was something so hard to even relate to. Where the hell is Lorelai? Where did she disappear to because the Lorelai in front of us tonight wasn't her!

Quote:
The scene at the restaurant was the most horrifying and ridiculous thing I've ever seen on TV. Does DR not give a **** about the fans and is willing to see the show tank when he finally manages to make everyone so sick to their stomach to even tolerate watching this bull**** anymore. It takes alot because normally I'll defend the show to the death, I even stuck up for Partings. Sadly tonight I just can't. It was just that horrifying.
That scene was horrific. The ILYs? Are you kidding me? So now we are suppose to believe that Lorelai's been in love with him this entire time? And not Luke? Or wait, both of them? Hmmm I'm confused especially whenever it was pretty much established that Lorelai was never truly IN LOVE with him maybe EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! But now all of a sudden she's saying ILY to him like it's just a given. WTF is going on here? Was she not just engaged to Luke, the same guy she referred to as saying she was never truly in love with anyone UNTIL Luke? So what the hell happened here? Suddenly that turned out to be totally false or wait, she lied and it was Chris all along and she knew as much. Come on! The history was entirely made fun of this entire episode. My God so pathetic.

The ending clearly showed Lorelai not happy which indicates she's settling. That's the only part of any Lorelai scene I liked. So if that's the case then why all the other stuff? Oh the 25 years of dating comment by Chris sucked and she basically agreed. Okay really? She never dated Luke. She was never engaged to Luke. She never loved Luke. What the hell is going on here? It was like Luke and LL were entirely erased in one freaken disaster of an episode and along with that, CL were pimped as some great love story that was just simmering and waiting for the right time to finally materialize and truly transpire. But forget how every other episode before this pointed to CL not being meant to be and hell Lorelai constantly showing signs that she never wanted to be with Chris. But according to this episode, she's always wanted Chris. Sure.

Quote:
Looking at the one bright spot in this pile of garbage that was once a great show, at least we know it can't get worse than this crap. And that I see this as the climax of positive CL, and from now on it can only get better for LL fans IMO.
This is true. The worst has officially happened tonight. For real, it can't get any worse. It just can't. We've reached the lowest level possible. It certainly can only get better considering we are now laying down in a hole about 200 feet deep, a hole of darkness no less. So yes, some light has to appear and there has to be a way out of this because you can't get any lower or darker than this. No way.

Quote:
I liked how Lorelai's facial expression obviously wasn't all about joy in the final scene, it gives me a little hope for LL in the end. I also liked how the ceremony wasn't shown so at least we know it wasn't important enough to show.
Good point. The ceremony not being shown was significant I think along with like I said, her expression at the end even though nothing else made one ounce of freaken sense. Thank God I ate before this episode or else I would have skipped dinner from feeling so ill.

Quote:
I also liked the return of Marty and that Paris was once again the only reason to even tune in at all.
You said it. The only bright spots. I'll always love Paris and even DR can't screw this character up for me and it was awesome seeing Marty again and I loved how Rory responded to Marty.

Everything else sucked plain and simple.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote