View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 01:42 AM
onebreath
Master Fan

Another good response. Also just saw the OP edited the post to complain about getting downvoted because "you're all jealous of the rich" lmao. Oh OP, tell me you're not a rich, entitled ass hole without telling me you are.

Quote:
Eh... I don't know. I think there's a pretty solid argument to be made that billionaires should not exist, because there is absolutely no way to ethically earn that kind of money. There's an argument to be made that the vast majority of super wealthy people don't do a single shred of good with their fortune - they simply hoard it.

Logan didn't ask to be born into his family, and their wealth is not his "fault." But look what he does with his fortune. He acts like the world is his playground, wasting millions of dollars with property destruction and throwing lavish parties that other people have to clean up. He uses money to flood Rory with grand gestures rather than *ever* actually apologizing for his actions. He repeatedly commits crimes and relishes in the lack of consequences because daddy can pay for a lawyer. He treats less wealthy people like dirt, acting like they’re inferior to him even though he did nothing to earn his wealth. Logan isn't helping people or contributing to the world in any meaningful way.

Compare him to Lorelai? She was also born into wealth, but she works *really* hard to make her own way. She's an active member of her community and does everything she can to help others. I do think Lorelai is sometimes blind to her privilege, but overall I like her way better than I like Logan. She works at being a good person, while Logan consistently falls back on his family name and wealth.