View Single Post
Old 02-15-2023, 06:50 PM
Holland Fan Forever
Fan Forum Hero

Kristen Stewart selected the coming of age movie 'Now and Then' as part of the Berlinale Respective 2023.
Retrospective 2023: "Young at Heart – Coming of Age at the Movies“
The 2023 Retrospective is dedicated to being young and growing up as a collective cinematic experience.

Noted international filmmakers from around the world have selected their coming-of-age film favorites for the Retrospective program and present them in short texts and videos.

Kristen Stewart: Now and Then
"It was almost impossible to feel visible in the 90’s. We all held different secret storms but they were congruent… if you were a girl. Christina Ricci taping down her **** with a roll of paper tape and nabbing a photo of her dead mom before slamming through rowdy boys to get OUT to the only people in the world that understood her, her BEST friends… felt like a call to arms. It felt like sage advice. Find your friends. So you can exist.

Now and Then felt like a secret world so familiar, yet so rarified, as experienced OUTSIDE of the body, I was… struck. These girls were dealing with their bodies bouncing off the sex of the world, with disintegrating families and ideals, with grief and their first existential spirals. They were juggling joy and fear and sorrow and picking the right boy to send over in Red Rover. I can't think of another insider's view as spot on as this. It's weird to try and describe it now to a presumed outsider because the sense memory of holding this unshareable mystery, what we call our “selves”, still makes me feel 12. I'd say, watch the movie. It's the most fun ever."
Here's a link, https://teamkristensite.blogspot.com...age-movie.html
Here's the original source, https://www.berlinale.de/en/news-top...tive-2023.html
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote