View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 11:36 PM
LoyalFreakLisa
Moderator Support Team

Jay Halstead|Jesse Lee Soffer #22: "Promise me one thing. Never go in without backup again."

x

welcome to
Jay Halstead | Jesse Lee Soffer
22nd appreciation thread

X

s u p p o r t e r s

Chastidy / *Stephie* / sunflower 654 / fire for a heart / Watercolors. / onelove.oneheart / deep within me /
Tyla4me / Jamie / Choate / WilSonღFan / Love Unexpected / Walt Reynolds / Lexipedia / xlennie /
Roswell Dream Girl / lafcia / Mistified / hlgreenie / Jesse's Kitten 84/ mint chip / Irthes / - Nina - / JMRamos /
drarry / Crumps5 / green eyes sparkle / Romantic In Denial / chasing the sun/ Red Diamonds / Tvfanatic32 / Permanent 99 /

q u o t e s
I love that he's not one thing. I think that's common with all of us. He lives in a gray area. A lot of times on cop shows you're a bad cop or you're a good cop. It's black or white. You're by the books or you're not. And for him every day is a new thing. He's always finding himself in situations where it's like how far are you willing to go to get the job done? And how far are you willing to go to do what you think is right which maybe is against the law? Where do you blur the lines and where does your moral compass take you to accomplish what you think needs to get done?” - Jesse Lee Soffer / Examiner

“I think Jay’s a good cop — not necessarily in the sense of dirty or not, but that he knows how to be a good cop. He gets the job done,” Jesse told HollywoodLife.com in an exclusive interview before the premiere. ”He was in the military and then he became a police officer. There was some heavy stuff that happened in his past which pushed him toward becoming a cop. He’s seen some rough things back in the day. He’s a little cocky — not in a bad way, he just knows he’s good at his job and he can be a little aggressive.” - Jesse Lee Soffer / Hollywood Life

What are you most enjoying about playing Jay Halstead on “Chicago P.D.”?
As an actor it's actually a really challenging job. There's some really fun stuff, and stuff that's been really dynamic and interesting. The way we shoot it we never really know what we're going to get, or where the character is going. So much of it is a surprise and we figure it out as we go; and it keeps me intrigued. That's what I'm really enjoying: the fact that it's constantly changing - Jesse Lee Soffer / Examiner

p r e v i o u s t h r e a d s
#1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10
#12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21

FUTURE TITLES:
""She's my partner, so if you know something that's putting her in danger, I need to know now"

icon made by crash landing (Sarah)