View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 09:54 AM
DigificWriter
Absolute Fan

Knowing where the story goes, the cliffhanger of Season 3 doesn't quite have the shock value it originally did, but I'm still looking forward to starting Season 4 next week.

There are a few things that stood out to me about the two parts of the S3 finale that didn't the first time that I want to call out:
1) The actress they cast to play child Emma in the flashback that opens up Snow Drifts is way too old and tall for the age that the character is supposed to be at that point in her life

2) I don't know if it was the lighting, the makeup, or what, but Past Rumple's appearance in both Snow Drifts and There's No Place Like Home was noticeably 'off' for most of both episodes and just looked bad

3) When I first watched the majority of the series, I actively hated Hook and the 'Captain Swan' relationship, but without that judgment hanging like a chain around my neck, I actually enjoyed both Snow Drifts and There's No Place Like Home all the more

4) Robert Carlyle saying "You know what you did. Now go undo it" to Emma in Snow Drifts is a pretty clever tweak of his line to Regina in The Thing You Love Most about what she needs to do in order to cast the Dark Curse, and it's kind of funny that the line hadn't stuck out to me more before

5) I know that Rumple and Belle's relationship is not healthy, but I still found myself smiling when they got married because I now know just how much future story development that Adam and Eddie packed into the dialogue in the scene and how true that dialogue ends up being when all is said and done
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote