View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 10:20 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Yup.

No problem.

Well, if she's Julia Carpenter then she's the second Spider-Woman. I think Roberts could be playing the villain.

Plus since it seems the movie is set in the 2000s, and the newspapers saying brave saves girl from fire people are wondering if the movie is set in the Raimiverse since brave saves girl from fire could be a reference to Spider-Man 2.

https://thedirect.com/article/marvel...y-ramos-photos

Thanks for all that, dragonfire!

Ugh, I can't believe that Julia Carpenter is the new Madame Web. It's sad that she's ended up like that, but I guess Marvel decided that they had one Spider-Woman too many and that Jessica Drew was the Spider-Woman they wanted to keep.

I remember when Julia was first introduced as the second Spider-Woman in 1984 in Marvel's Secret Wars storyline. In the early 80s, Marvel had retired or just stopped using a lot of the characters they came out with in the 1970s, like Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel/Carol Danvers, Adam Warlock, and the Guardians of the Galaxy. She-Hulk remained in the Avengers, but she lost her solo title from the 1970s, and then she was with the Fantastic Four for a time. I don't remember what happened to Jessica Drew in the 1980s, but they just weren't using her for a while, so I guess Marvel thought they'd try a new Spider-Woman who was more like Peter. Her black and white outfit is what influenced Peter's symbiote costume to copy the same design, the only difference being that Julia had white gloves that went above the elbow and white boots that went above the knee.