View Single Post
Old 07-20-2022, 10:31 AM
wickedrum
Fan Forum Legend

50 k Thread: Celebrating One of Hollywood's Leading Men!

50 k Thread: Celebrating One of Hollywood's Leading Men

"Harrison Ford was one of my idols as a Generation X kid growing up in the 1970s and 1980s. He was one of the defining actors of that era, and a huge influence on me and everyone who grew up in that decade.

As Han Solo in the Star Wars trilogy, he created an iconic rogue space hero with a cocky attitude mixed with depth and humanity. Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, he redefined and personified the action/adventure hero for the 1980s. As Rick Deckard in Blade Runner, he took science fiction to deeper and darker territory than it had ever gone before. As John Book in Witness, he showed his versatility and range in a performance that earned him a well deserved Academy Award nomination for Best Actor.

Harrison wasn't just an actor to me, he was part of my childhood and my life. He inspired me to look off into the horizon and dream... dream of electric sheep, of fortune and glory, and of a galaxy far, far away." ~ Alex

Icons:

Last edited by wickedrum; 07-20-2022 at 10:37 AM