View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 10:24 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
If you watch the first scene between Ephram and Amy when he's on the couch and Amy goes near him, Ephram literally flinches. It is weird. He was almost cringing. I don't understand AT THIS POINT why he's acting like she is a disease. She doesn't try to get him the second audition yet, he doesn't know she found out from Harold about the baby hours before he left for NYC, he doesn't know any of this yet. He goes to her house and asks for her help, stays there, doesn't really care that Harold knows what he did either, and STILL acts like he wants nothing to do with Amy the second he sees her in the morning. It's very strange and frustrating.
It was definitely very strange and frustrating. I think that he was so focused on himself and his hurt feelings that he didn't want to interact with anyone.

Quote:
It truly shocks me that he isn't embarrassed knowing the father of the girl he claimed to love to Eternity understands as a boy he knocked up an adult woman in his prior relationship and that is what he seems so pissed off about. Doesn't he feel stupid in front of Harold? Instead, he pulls an attitude. I would have felt like such a screw up idiot in that position. Ephram just looks like everyone owes him something.
One thing that that was always consistent about Ephram was that he reacted in a harsh, hurtful and angry way whenever he was hurt, and when he got in one of those moods, he was completely and immaturely focused on himself and he didn’t care about anyone else, and he showed that side of himself in spades in this episode.

Quote:
... that line was set up for the moment he finds out Harold told Amy hours before he left for NYC.
Absolutely.

Quote:
Andy basically pays attention to Nina at this point when it's convenient for him. Make no mistake, he is jealous and has had feelings for Nina he continues to deny. But since his nightmare ridiculous thing he had going with Amanda ended, now is the time he can focus on Nina again... especially since Ephram is pushing him away. Nina understands all of this too and it has to be frustrating. I love that Andy is jealous over Nina and Jake. He deserves it.
Yes, Andy took Nina's friendship for granted for so long and it was good to see him get a dose of reality in this episode, as she had moved on from him and was living her own life instead of waiting for Andy to wake up and realize just how wonderful she was.

Quote:
I like that it was Bright who picked Hannah up from the airport.
So did I.

Quote:
Definitely. See, I understand Ephram having "moments" of not being all there and even not embracing his love with Amy. I get it. But overall how he treats her is unbelievable.
It really is unbelievable. In this episode he seemed to regress to the angry and nasty boy we met in Season One and any progress and maturation that had taken place with him was all swept away.

Quote:
Delia is a sage who just understands every room she walks into and every situation she sees, especially concerning her father who is an open book. LOL.
Absolutely, and Andy was so wrong to take over her project just to find out what was going on with Jake and Nina.

Quote:
Harold really was all over the place. He told Amy about the baby at the worst possible time, and then while his speech here was to protect her (almost intuitively he knew Ephram was going to treat her like garbage) he had to have known Amy wouldn't react perfectly to his advice. But I think he understood this, even if he had to say it.
I still feel that Harold was so wrong to tell Amy about Madison's pregnancy. He never ever should have gone there, and by doing that he set her up for much more heartbreak.

Quote:
How did you feel about that scene, Jerry?

1. Why did Madison put that on there? She didn't want Ephram to ever find out? She was scared she would be prosecuted? She truly didn't know?

2. Did you think it was inappropriate for the person who worked at the adoption agency to tell him the county in California?
1. I think that Madison was probably ashamed (as she should have been) that the father of her child was a 16-year-old boy, and she may have been afraid of the legal ramifications of that, and she may also have done it to get back at Andy, because she was a spiteful person.

2. I do think it was inappropriate for the person at the adoption agency to tell Ephram the county in California where his baby was, and if he had gone to see the couple that had adopted him and introduced himself as the baby's father, she could have gotten in trouble. I was glad that he turned back and didn't go through with his plans to talk to the adoptive parents of his baby.

I think that it's much better that I found out who my birth parents were when I was an adult rather than when I was a kid, as it would have upset me and my parents, especially my mother. Even now, I have mixed feelings about whether I would have wanted to meet my birth parents since they gave me up, especially my birth father as he never told anyone about me while my birth mother apparently regretted giving me up. If I could go back in time, I think that I would have gone to see my birth mother but I wouldn't have gone to see my birth father.

Quote:
Andy is lucky Delia turned out as great as she did because she has been criminally ignored for years now. Andy is basically cared about Ephram the most, then Delia, second, when it's a known fact Delia is the one who would have the big time issues not being able to adjust normally due to the loss of her mother. Nina is a great mother figure and so is Edna, but Andy has not had an awareness that Delia needs attention and care too. The entire world doesn't revolve around Ephram, Andy. You have an impressionable daughter to care for. That is why we got ripped off over not receiving a S5 in this way... I have a feeling Andy was going to have his hands full dealing with Delia as a teen and maybe paying the price for ignoring so many key elements after Julia passed away and how Delia suffered as a result.
We saw instances in this episode and especially in Season Four where Delia was going to rebel like Ephram did, but she didn't harbor the deeply rooted resentment that Ephram had toward Andy.

Quote:
What did you think of this overall, Jerry?
I think that Ephram was so wrong to treat Amy like he did and he should have realized that her heart was in the right place. Amy had seen how important getting into Julliard was to Ephram and how hard he had worked to get there and she hated seeing him throw it all away.

Quote:
Bright and Hannah definitely have chemistry and see each other so perfectly during this time period. I cannot tell if this means they are way better off as friends (since clearly they are romantic feelings though) or they just messed up romantically because sex got in the way for Bright.
I still feel that they were mismatched and they never should have become a romantic couple and they should have just stayed friends.

Quote:
It was a great scene.
It really was. Andy and Nina's scenes were some of the only bright spots in this episode.

Quote:
Heartbroken for Amy this entire episode and it only gets worse in the next episode for her when Ephram literally does put the knife in her back.
I know. I'm really dreading the next episode.

Quote:
At least Andy tried there, it was a nice scene but so much between them should have been in action before this time, and certainly after this moment as well.
I completely agree.

Quote:
Same. Say what you want about Madison but she seemed very confident that the parents of the baby are going to be amazing parents, based on what they can give to their new child. He was put in a wonderful home (thanks to Madison and those that helped her, did I just credit Madison, haha?) and they are now his real parents for as difficult as this reality is for Ephram to digest.
I just fainted at my desk because you gave Madison credit for something! Yes, she did seem to find wonderful parents for her and Ephram's baby, and I'm glad that Ephram didn't knock on their door. If we had gotten a Season Five and if Madison had come back to use Ephram to try and get their baby back I would have hated her even more, because that would have been so wrong because by then that baby would have been a toddler who knew who his parents were and to try to rip him away from those parents would have been reprehensible.

Quote:
Chilling moment.
It really was. Ephram was so cold and heartless in that scene.

Quote:
Agreed.
As much as I dreaded watching this episode, I'm really dreading watching the next episode.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote