View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 09:03 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
Alexa, Amy was able to arrange a second audition in Julliard for Ephram because she got in touch with the recruiter at Colorado A & M who was a Julliard graduate who had tried to recruit him, and he pulled some strings to get him another audition.

Yes, Amy hurt Ephram in the past when she was torn between her feelings for Colin and her feelings for him, but what he did to her was far worse than what she did to him in my opinion. It wasn't Amy's fault that he got Madison pregnant and Andy and Madison hid that information from him, and Ephram was stupid and childish to throw away his dream of going to Julliard just to spite Andy, and he was doubly stupid and childish to lash out at Amy for her arranging to give him another chance to pursue his dream. I completely understand that he was upset and angry but he shouldn't have taken it all out on Amy, and he shouldn't have thrown away his future again when she was able to get him another audition to Julliard. The people who adopted his baby weren't going anywhere, but his chance to go to Julliard had a shelf life, which he once again disregarded due to his wallowing in his own anger due to what had happened.

I also don't feel that Ephram should have acted like Amy betrayed him because she found out about Madison's pregnancy right before his Julliard audition, because she knew that would upset him, and like she said, how could she possibly know that Madison would be in New York and that she would drop that bombshell at the worst possible time? Yes, Ephram had every right to be mad at Andy and Madison but he had no right to be mad at Amy, and he had no right to break her heart like he did.
I second everything you said here, Jerry. My thoughts are yours.

I love that you have a different opinion from us, Alexa. That is what this series allows... different opinions on really tough topics. I completely agree with you that Ephram going to Europe was a VERY good idea. It really was the best thing for him to do even if the timing might not have been perfect given Rose's cancer and what Bright and Amy were struggling with. But overall, he needed it and I love how he returned such a mature, wise, calm, and intellectual young man. He really did turn from a boy to a young man upon his return and I loved this so much.

Even if we see Ephram's actions differently during this time period, we are all on the same page again in S4 which Everwood is good for, too.

Last edited by jediwands; 06-21-2022 at 09:14 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote