View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 06:59 PM
JJH85
Fan Forum Hero

I am super excited for this, especially since I didn't get to see Josh and Lauren on stage. I bet both Josh and Lauren are looking forward to working together again.

https://tvline.com/2022/05/19/starz-...auren-ridloff/

Quote:
Starz is developing a romantic drama to be executive-produced by acclaimed filmmaker Ava DuVernay, Lauren Ridloff (The Walking Dead) and Joshua Jackson (Dr. Death).

If ordered to series, it will be for three seasons, 18 total half-hour episodes.

Ridloff and Jackson, who previously starred opposite each other in Broadway’s Children of a Lesser God, will also star in the series, while Paul Garnes (Queen Sugar, Colin in Black & White) is another EP.

With Kat Candler (Queen Sugar) serving as showrunner and writing the first episode, the untitled series follows two polar opposites who become intertwined in a love affair that turns their worlds – and those of everyone around them – upside down.

“One person is ambitious, while the other is restless. One is ready to commit, while the other debates the merits of relationships,” says the synopsis. “One is Black and one is white. One is deaf and one is not. Though wildly different, the two are emotionally and physically drawn to each other despite personal expectations and public assumptions. Their attraction passionately disrupts notions of race, gender, class, physical ability, and normative culture, elevating to true love that surpasses difference.”

Appearing on Thursday at the company’s inaugural #TakeTheLead Summit, Starz original programming chief Kathryn Busby said, “There is nothing like this series on TV and we are thrilled to be in development with Ava, a trailblazer and unparalleled champion of diversity,” “Lauren is a true inspiration and together with Joshua, a brilliant veteran actor, they will bring their incredible talents to this project – both in front of and behind the camera. This series exemplifies our #TakeTheLead mission, and we couldn’t be prouder.”

AND

https://ew.com/tv/dawsons-creek-josh...f8f90001e35c4d

Dawson's Creek star Joshua Jackson fought for Joey to end up with Pacey instead of Dawson: 'Hell no! No. No. No.'

Quote:
"I am the advocate! I was like 'Hell no! No. No. No. That's not gonna work for me.' I had a whole conversation with Kevin [Williamson] about this," Jackson explains to EW. "Like 'Look, I get it. This is the idea that you had in your head, but I'm just gonna ask you to watch the tale of the tape and this is the more interesting end for these characters.'"

icon credit: crash landing

Last edited by JJH85; 05-19-2022 at 09:10 PM