View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 04:55 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I think that the reason they had Amy want to invite Madison to Ephram's party was one, to create a scenario where Harold would tell her about Madison's pregnancy (which I still feel that he never should have done) and two to show that she no longer felt insecure about Madison and she had truly forgiven Ephram for going behind her back to see Madison's band with Bright. Unfortunately, though, Harold's telling Amy before Ephram knew about Madison's pregnancy was the worst thing that he could have done, because Ephram lashed out at her and broke up with her when he realized that she knew about Madison's pregnancy before he did.
It was completely contrived. It was absolutely the writers way of getting Harold to tell Amy in order to put her in a difficult position and essentially set up Ephram raging and breaking up with her. It infuriates me while thinking about this. Yes, it was secondarily to show she had forgiven Ephram for the band lie. I just found it so contrived and unrealistic. There isn't a teenage girl who would like and be okay with Madison in this scenario, forgiveness or not. I could see if we're talking another 1-2 years down the road. But the time period is not that far away from the band lie, and Ephram and Madison were just dating in S2.

I despise that Amy had to take the fall here. Harold put her in a miserable position. Just thinking about Rina's words annoy me. She wanted to torture Amy and admitted as much in her dumb way. She was ready to go there in S5. Unacceptable. I bet she would have been jumping for joy with a grin on her face had the Ferris Wheel scene with Amy standing there alone taken place.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote