View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 05:57 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Wow, Jerry, this is so perfectly stated and I’m amazed you connected this episode to the current nightmarish situation we have going on in this country. Harold’s words are bang on and a classic example of what could potentially happen once again in this country thanks to the Republican Party. I wonder if Berlanti remembers this episode right now given the state of the country.

It doesn’t surprise me that Everwood would have created an episode that perfectly describes what is going on in real life right now. I also find it amazing that the character of Harold given his political and religious beliefs would be the one quoting those words from the clinic and being disturbed by it as well.

What I think some fail to realize is you can be pro-choice and still not necessarily love the idea of abortion. You can still be pro-women and against treating women like second-class citizens and still have your own personal views on abortion. That is precisely what Harold was saying.

What’s disturbing is how Republicans just don’t get it. They hide behind religion and fake not being misogynistic as well. They even have the nerve to state incest and rape still means if you get an abortion and get caught you will be thrown in prison. I’ve never in a million years thought it would come to this even if there were sprinkles of hints for years throughout the party. Republicans do not care or respect women and I’ll state that to anyone who thinks otherwise. It is sickening and vile.

But I am not surprised Berlanti’s Everwood touched upon this very subject decades ago. Only Everwood.

Last edited by jediwands; 05-14-2022 at 06:05 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote