Old 04-15-2022, 10:42 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
TFTNT!
You're welcome!

Quote:
6 nights! I wanted to do 8 but its a long time for grandparents to watch the kids. Better than 5 which is what my sister wanted to do. I went to hawaii for 5 days last time and it wasnt long enough. Plus, that was Kuaii an this is Maui so its a bit bigger and probably more to do. Gotta get a car rental lined up still but they dont take debit and neither of us have credit cards! lol
LOL. Smart not having credit cards! Sounds like so much fun! I have never been to Hawaii. I would love to go sometime in the future. 6 nights sounds perfect!

Quote:
So update: I went to the doctor today. I had a male doctor but he was actually very nice. He was gay (he mentioned his husband) but it made me feel more comfortable haha. He was super duper nice and funny, it really put me at ease, which was great.

They removed the cyst! YAYYYY. Good news is, he was fairly confident he got the whole thing out and that it wont grow back. Bad news, it was a lot deeper than most cases. The numbing needles (there were four) hurt LIKE A FRICKIN BIOTCH. But i didnt feel te surgery after that. Near the end it was starting to hurt again though. There is a HUGE hole though... it needs to heal from the bottom up so they couldn't close it. Its gonna take about 3 week to heal completely, about 4 days of pain they said. And i have to change the dressing twice a day! I really dont think I can do it myself, but im going to try. my mom also learned how. But you literally have to stick the guaze all the way into the wound like a bullet hole, its absolutely disgusting!

I almost passed out during though. i get very queasy seeing blood or hearing about blood or wounds so knowing they were cutting into me made me super hot and dizzy. When I think about changing the dressing I get super duper anxious too. ugh.

To make it worse, I am in SO MUCH PAIN. I already took 6 ibuprofin and one hydrocodone(vitocin) today. And he only gave me 5 pills to take before my dressings so I really am praying I am not in this much pain for the next three days. i also have to teach on monday. UGH. im so miserable right now...

It literally feels like someone stabbed me and left the knife in. Ive been crying off and on all day and I am NOT a cryer!
I am so sorry you are in pain.

I had a feeling it would get taken care of your first appointment when you saw the surgeon. I love that he is gay, that sounds so weird but I can see why you felt more comfortable. I can totally understand why you were very nervous throughout the procedure even if it went smoothly. I know the feeling of super hot and dizzy all too well. I think what makes me so anxious during anything medical is I feel trapped. You are completely under the control of the medical professional and I can't stand it. I feel like I need an escape planned and when you are having a procedure/surgery like you had today, that is not possible. It sucks. But it is all over now and it must feel good even if the pain cannot possibly feel good.

I hope the next 3 days are not super painful and you heal up real nicely! Were you told you could ice the area to help with the pain or best to leave it alone? Changing the dressing sounds like a challenge but you'll do just fine! Do you have a follow up appointment with the surgeon at all or are you good to go and only contact him if you have any issues? Really excellent news he got it all and the cyst won't fill up again. That is a relief!

Let us know how you progress. I hope the pain is tolerable right now.