View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 05:45 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by COOLCAT200 (View Post)
Kinda a sad question, how did everyone feel the summer after the S3 finale? I was pretty devastated over what the show became in S3 especially with the end of the season. I actually dreaded S4 starting because of P/J but I did love how Dawson,Jen,Andie and Jack became so close during the summer.
I debated on whether or not to stop watching. I was sickened. It wasn't just about the joke of a season 3 finale either. While thinking about S3 as a whole and comparing it to the first two seasons it was obvious the show wasn't the same and most likely never would go back to the magic the first two seasons had. Technically, only S1 was good from start to finish but S2 had PA so I will include S2.

However, post S2, this series turned into a different one... the quality dropped severely and never returned. I strongly considered dropping the show after the finale of 3 aired but stuck around because I never imagined for even a second even if the quality dropped, that DJ wouldn't find their way back. So I kept watching and it turned out being the biggest mistake as a TV viewer I ever made. The one good thing it brought me was finding since the benefits were endless... lifelong friends and even finding the love of my life.

But just focusing in on a pure viewing experience... continuing to watch Dawson's Creek past S2 was my biggest waste of time by far.