View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 02:30 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by break the window (View Post)
I really thought Season 6 was...a trainwreck!
Big time trainwreck.

Quote:
I really wanted Eddie and Joey to get together. I really thought he had something good with her and then he kept playing the disappearing act. I was really, REALLY shocked how they got Oliver FREAKIN Hudson on Dawson's Creek. I know it's nearly 20 years ago and not sure how his career was at the time...but he just seemed too, idk, successful to do Dawson's Creek. I was also thinking that maybe Goldie or Kate or maybe a friend was a fan of the show and sometimes actors choose smaller roles/tv shows because of that kind of connection.
I would have preferred Joey/Eddie over Joey/Pacey by far. I still would have wanted Joey/Dawson but ultimately I could have lived with a Joey/Eddie, Dawson/Jen, Pacey/Andie ending.

Quote:
Anyway, I was super bummed they didn't work out. I would have much preferred her with Eddie, than with Pacey. It seemed like the writing wasn't going anywhere near Pacey/Joey reuniting and then all of a sudden, season 6...Joey loves Pacey again. Damn, woman, make up your mind.
I just can't stand Pacey/Joey in any way, shape or form.

Quote:
When Pacey lost all of Dawson's money from that stock, it was again all about the girl that came between them, that it wasn't really about the money. SO STUPID! I thought they were passed that. Maybe not. Then of course miss IT GIRL chimes in and doesn't want to be apart of their squabbling. I'm like, if you don't want to be apart of the squabbling, then STAY OUT OF IT. Don't interject when there is no room to interject. Joey's in the middle of their drama because she puts herself in there because she cannot seem to keep her nose out of anyone else's business.
The writing was so sloppy. I hate how the writers loved poking endless holes into Pacey and Dawson. One Tree Hill did it better with friendships. Dawson's Creek was a disaster.

Quote:
Maybe because I lost my mom and sister (it's been a year this month),
I remember. I am so sorry. I lost my mom suddenly August 2015 and it still cuts deep. I understand completely.

Quote:
Jen's death hit differently than it did when I watched it originally. I think I had anxiety or felt something when seeing the hospital room and of course Jen filming that video for Amy. WATERWORKS. I'm not one to cry or shed a tear, but I definitely got it. I really felt the performance of a mom preparing her daughter for life when she knows she won't be there for it. It breaks my heart that Jen's character ended that way. Like why did there have to be a death? Why couldn't there always be Jen and Jack and all their friends and their inappropriate jokes about Jack's sexuality?! WHY!? Stupid writers.
All about the triangle was this show. It's so stupid. So many things suffered as a result of a triangle that never should have been created.

Quote:
I wish Jack and Doug would've found each other sooner. I totally get why Doug didn't want to reveal his sexuality to the town. Pacey was all about supporting him but I think had it had more to do with Doug's representation in the town which I never figured out until I was able to watch the entire series finale. I can't believe it took me this long to see it in it's entirety. I never had any idea that Doug and Jack ended up together. They're so damn good together. I knew they 'got together,' but didn't know how serious it was until the finale. Seeing them as parents to little Amy....melts my heart
This is what I said up thread. It should have happened sooner. Pacey literally bullied and abused emotionally his own brother who was truly gay. It was disgusting and so uncomfortable to watch when you know how it all ends. DUMB. Especially since half the writers/producers/creator are gay. Unreal.

The compelling story was Doug as a police officer gay and the conservative smaller town having to adjust to it.. which is ridiculous but you know what I mean. Tons of material there that they wasted.

Quote:
Joey and her professor? Really? And the episode where Joey got mugged...the entire episode about Joey Potter. I was bored and it was nauseating. Then the guy ended up dying; she got her money back and then, what, it was like it never happened. What the hell, a stand alone episode where really nothing happens. Not that I would've cared if something actually did happen to little miss perfect.
Joey Potter ruled this series while it went up in flames.

Quote:
The death of Mitch Leery....waterworks. I knew the character had died and how he died, so that wasn't a surprise. But I forgot all the little scenes of Gail reminded Dawson to go out and get milk and then realized that was why Mitch went out the night he died was to get milk and Gail exploded her grief into the sink. I really felt that. It's the little things that remind you of why the bad things happened and just take you by surprise and shake the life out of you where all you can do is fall apart. I thought that episode was done really well, surprisingly. I always did wonder if that's why Mitch and Gail reunited and had Lily. Was it because the actor wanted to leave and the writers always wanted to see the somewhat, at one time, perfect couple reunite and plan to be together forever? Then Gail remarries, whatever his name and then you barely see him passed the first episode where Dawson realizes that his mother is moving on with another man.
Excellent points.

Quote:
The whole thing with everyone ending up in Boston!? Seriously?! Why couldn't Dawson stay in Los Angeles, learn something instead of giving up the dream he had since birth to, what, take film classes in 20 degree whether?! I thought it was just overkill that Dawson would move in with Jack, Jen and Grams!? Dawson ends up losing his virginity to Jen!? Was that always the plan and it just took a few more years to happen!? Them laying in bed together after it happened, Dawson has the look of a 15 year old who just had sex for the first time and not an 18 year old adult who had casual sex. The whole 2.0 Dawson and Jen relationship didn't thrill me.
I would have loved Dawson and Jen again IF done properly but you're 150% correct... it was done so poorly. It was throwing them back together temporarily for Joey Potter and her jealousy and to tease the audience once again... more like manipulate.

Quote:
I have more thoughts but they're all circling in my head and not making much sense. I'll post more later
They made perfect sense!

I would love for you to rewatch Everwood soon because I miss your thoughts.