View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 08:02 PM
Jerry D
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwands (View Post)
Incredible process, especially since S2 is what you couldn’t view in full right away (PA). I bet it was really confusing for you. I would have loved viewing your research.

What did you think of Katie/Joey right away without knowing the full story initially? Wondering if you thought she was a terrible actress/bad character from the start.
I had mixed feelings about Katie/Joey in Season One as I never liked how she treated Jen, but I thought that she did a decent job as the forlorn underdog who secretly longed to be with her best friend but who was too afraid to express her feelings.

I thought that Katie had some potential to be a decent actress, but once the show shifted to make her the IT Girl of the show that no mere mortal could resist, I think the adulation went to her head and she just mugged for the camera, and her scenes with Pacey were especially nauseating as they played cutesy with each other. Since the show ended, Katie just played the same "cute" character in most of the movies she was in, and now she's just tabloid fodder and her roles have mostly dried up since she isn't so young and cute anymore.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy