View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 12:17 AM
Butterfly85
Elite Fan

Yuck! I watched the latest film yesterday and this film is a hot ass mess! I agree that just throwing in references anywhere you can from the game doesn't make this a good movie. This is a shame too cause I thought when I first heard it would be more accurate to the games that gave the film hope, but hell no. It was just a sloppy mess to me. I always thought combining RE1 and 2 in this film was bizarre and a mistake, and it showed in the film. A part of me did like seeing Chris, Leon, Jill, and Claire together (Since most of these characters still have yet to meet in any game still to this day SMH) but the characters and the writing was so bad I couldn't even enjoy that much.

The casting was also bad, especially for Leon, Jill, and Wesker. With Leon being the worst, that was NOT Leon. GTFOOH! They made him a soft, bumbling idiot that got crapped on by everyone. I thought the casting for Chris and Claire was good, especially Claire cause she looked just like her and Chris was hot but that's about it. People bash the original RE movies, but that was way better than this. They threw everything but the kitchen sink in it. I wanted to like it but it was impossible. Is this getting a sequel or was it cancelled? If it's the latter it's completely understandable. They should of had RE1's plot be the first movie, then combine RE2 and 3 since they do take place the same night. I always thought that would of made more sense even before I saw this movie. Oy.