View Single Post
Old 12-30-2021, 04:18 PM
Semperance
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebreath (View Post)
They say I love you so much that it makes super cringey and not believable.

Well, we know for a fact Lorelai doesn't love Chris (she is not in love with him, since she is still in love with Luke and had only ever been in love with Luke). Maybe Chris was in love with Lorelai, but it was all one way.
I totally hate that I "love you" all the time, it's so annoying, but I think Lorelai kept saying that to convince herself that she loves him. ASP once said that she didn't let Luke and Lorelai keep saying it because LL has always seen how much they love each other, so they didn't have to keep saying it! And I think she would never have let Lorelai say that to Chris that often in Season 7 !!! But because Lorelai and Luke never said (except once) that they love each other, you get even more upset that she says it to a man she obviously doesn't love. ASP didn't like the "I will always love you" scene either, because they didn't want Lorelai to come across so shallow, for her the scene didn't fit - she would never have written it like that, but let's be honest, the scene where Lorelai for him singing is a dream, i love this moment so much.
BellaBellisario
Semperance is offline   Reply With Quote