View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 08:51 PM
BehrItAll
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)

And then sometimes good things are written, but it's not a quote, it's a description.
I had to eliminate a few of those.

November 9: Memorable Things Characters Have Said (quotes from book characters that have stuck with you)

(Some of these quotes I won't say who said it because it's a total spoiler.)

1) “Government is never the solution, but it is almost always the problem.”
- Quicksilver, Pierce Brown, Morning Star.

2) “Per aspera ad astra. Through the thorns to the stars.” Sevro snickers. “You fancy little fart. Omnis vir lupus. Everyone a wolf.”
― Pierce Brown, Golden Son

3) “I will give Eo your love. I will make a house for you in the Vale of your fathers. It will be beside my own. Join me there when you die.” He grins. “But I am no builder. So take your time. We will wait.”
― Pierce Brown, Morning Star.

4) “Your virtue is safe with me. Your discomfort is rather charming, actually, but I'm sure you'll get over it.”
― Asajj Ventress, Christie Golden, Dark Disciple

5) “But I think you should be careful, Batyushka, that God does not speak in the voice of your own wishing. We have never needed saving before.”
― Vasya, Katherine Arden, The Bear and the Nightingale

6) “It is a cruel task, to frighten people in God’s name.”
― Vasya, Katherine Arden, The Bear and the Nightingale

7) “You're a sinister little ****, aren't you?" Victra asks.
"I'm Gold, bitch. What'd you expect? Warm milk and cookies just because I'm pocket sized?”
― Sevro, Pierce Brown, Golden Son

8) “No. Don't speak. It's not your turn just because I pause.”
― Mustang, Pierce Brown, Golden Son

9) “I just killed a man! This isn't the moment to discuss our marriage."
"Nonsense. Marrying amid bloodshed is a de Clermont family tradition," Philippe said briskly.”
― Deborah Harkness, Shadow of Night

10) “I trust my wife's judgement," Matthew said firmly.
"That's what Philippe says about Granny," Gallowglass muttered under his breath. "Just before all hell breaks lose.”
― Deborah Harkness, Shadow of Night

11) “Luke, I don't want to discourage your curiosity, but I have to remind you, if something goes wrong, this is an exceptionally embarrassing way to die.”
― Mara Jade, Aaron Allston, Star Wars: The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines

12) “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”
― Dumbledore, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

13) “Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory.”
― Dumbledore, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

14) “Do you remember me telling you we are practicing non-verbal spells, Potter?"
"Yes," said Harry stiffly.
"Yes, sir."
"There's no need to call me "sir" Professor."
The words had escaped him before he knew what he was saying.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

15) “Ginny!" said Mr. Weasley, flabbergasted. "Haven't I taught you anything? What have I always told you? Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain?”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

16) “I am he whom you sold and dishonored — I am he whose betrothed you prostituted — I am he upon whom you trampled that you might raise yourself to fortune — I am he whose father you condemned to die of hunger — I am he whom you also condemned to starvation, and who yet forgives you, because he hopes to be forgiven - I am Edmund Dantes!”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo.

17) “If we were all on trial for our thoughts, we would all be hanged.”
― Margaret Atwood, Alias Grace

18) “But then Americans have always lived entirely in the present, and this generation is no different from mine except that now there is more of a past for them to ignore.”
― Gore Vidal, 1876