View Single Post
Old 10-30-2021, 08:40 AM
everwoodfan52
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)

As bad as that all was, Amy eventually came to her senses and broke up with Tommy and she never saw him again, and she worked through the depression that she suffered after Colin’s death, and her and Ephram got together as a romantic couple at the end of Season Two, to the joy of all of us who loved them and rooted for them as a couple.
This was my main reason for enjoying season 2....the awakening of Amy and Ephram after 2 disastrous relationships to their true feelings for each other.

Quote:
One thing that hasn’t changed during my rewatch of the show is my hatred for Madison Kellner and every single scene that she was in, and I really got to see how she negatively affected Ephram, who became, in his words, psychotically obsessed with her, and she did real damage to Ephram’s relationships with everyone around him, especially his father and sister, as his obsession with her became all-encompassing and he neglected his relationships with everyone who loved him and cared for him and he behaved in ways that represented continuing new lows for his character.
I will try to think of some positives regarding Madison. She was a good babysitter to Delia (until she developed feelings for Ephram). She did give Ephram some good advice from time to time. She was able to teach him to parallel park. lol I do believe she had feeling for Ephram, but at the same time she was embarrassed by the age difference....hence treating him really poorly and bringing him down rather than building Ephram up. At age 20 Madison should have been alot smarter regarding birth control. I can see Ephram being careless, but Madison? Unacceptable. So much heartache could have been avoided.

Quote:
What aggravates me the most about Madison is how we were never allowed to be done with her and her story because of her pregnancy. A lot of people didn’t like Amy and Tommy or Andy and Linda, and they especially didn’t like Andy and Amanda, but at least those storylines were allowed to end and they were never to be mentioned again, but Madison kept on turning up like a bad penny and she loomed over the happiness of all the major characters like a black cloud, and she did damage to the show itself by making her storyline a soap opera.

Therefore, I have to conclude that Madison did more damage to the main characters on Everwood and the show itself than any other character or storyline.
Madison most certainly did keep popping up....like Poltergeist. She even had the potential to pop up again Season 5!
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote