View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 01:19 PM
Crystal Clear
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychically Linked ღ (View Post)
Max & Liz (Roswell New Mexico) Honestly Liz is a much better character away from Max. Their romance does nothing for me and Max's melodrama man pain does absolutely nothing for me or Liz as a character either. Not my thing.
That's how I felt about the original Max/Liz ship in the 1999 show I thought Max became a helluva lot more interesting with Tess. With Liz, it was just endless 'soulmate' dramatic fights.

Also, in the original show, I hated that Liz literally forced 'Future Max' to break up with her by pretending to sleep with Kyle, but then she kept on giving Max grief when he tried to get together with Tess in later episodes. They just caused each other so much grief.

Just like another of my most hated ships - Buffy/Angel. I won't deny they had chemistry, but their relationship caused too much tragedy to her friends. Look at the BS that Giles had to put up with - his girlfriend getting murdered by 'evil' Angel - and yet Buffy openly kept on loving him. Honestly, Angel leaving town really allowed him to grow into his own person and David Boreanaz got to develop a very funny/endearing side of the character.

Quote:
Damon & Elena (TVD) (As of my current rewatch I absolutely despise these two. They bring down the show when they're on screen together and honestly they are very toxic together. Sure Nina and Ian have chemistry but I just dont see Damon & Elena as the true love forever that the show kept on trying to push toward us. Again not my thing.
This is one of those 'became endgame because the actors dated for a little while' ships.

It also has the toxic Klaus/Caroline thing of people simply rooting for the bad boy to have a little happiness, even if it takes for granted all the terrible things he did to the female character in previous seasons. Klaus made the lives of Caroline's loved ones a living HELL, and had Tyler bite Caroline knowing that it would kill her -- and yet fans saw him as some love-sick lonely fool?

I can't stand ships which become a thing because of vocal fanbases literally begging the show's writers on social media to make it happen. Delena and Klaroline are two examples of this. I hated having to endure watching so many people keep bugging TVD writers to break up Tyler and Caroline so that Klaus would be happy. They didn't care about Caroline's happiness; they just wanted the European bad boy to get his way in the end.

Same thing for Delena. Stefan literally goes with Klaus in season 2 to SAVE HIS BROTHER. He doesn't leave Elena for the pleasure of joining the bad boy he does it for Damon. And yet Stefan's heart is broken upon his return because his girl has fallen for his brother. HOW is this fair? Why do fans support this?
Skam Italia icon
Gwen