View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 01:40 AM
shinebrighterxx
Graphics Team Manager

NSW/Sydney was ok last year . The cases never reached all that high & we were doing school as normal then. Even Victoria which was bad last year around then still was able to go ahead without vaccinations. But each state leader is doing whatever they want when it comes to covid. They're doing what they feel is best for their state, regardless of what the other states are doing or may have done (or think about what they're doing ). "Australia" has very much been 8 different state/territories during 2020/2021 not a whole country, but we've also been fortunate that we could do that. Each state has had their own experiences when it comes to covid, but we've also been very lucky when it comes to covid. The main state which has been hit is Victoria - they've on lockdown #5 now. Their case numbers were really bad last year (for us). But across all the states/territories we've had moments of recording 0 cases, then you get one idiot & the state records a case again. But now Sydney is getting hit bad too.

Australia's had a total of 33,732 cases - 20939 are from Victoria, 8531 are from NSW. Queensland is just under 2000, Western Australia is just over 1000, South Australia is just under 1000, then the other states are around 120-240. Its nothing compared to other countries. Sydney/NSW is amazing it hasn't been worse as we've been taking in most of the overseas travelers/returning Australians. But that is also how we got into this Delta mess. That & people don't listen. We probably are like other countries at the start of this right now which is so stupid that we can't learn from other countries. Or even learn from things that happened within our own. We should all know by now how it spreads due to what happened in other countries but instead people just are careless.

But I also think the state leader for my state is being too lenient with her restrictions. The Delta strain was found & she just lockdown the Greater Sydney area. Meanwhile back in December when there were cases in one area of Sydney just before Christmas only those areas got locked down. There was all varying levels of lockdown across Sydney then. Now it has taken time to get to that stage. It should've been that way from the start. Then maybe it wouldn't have spread so much through Sydney.

I'll shut up now

On another note I need to find a way to speak to a doctor to see which vaccination is better for me to have to try get mine done

for vaccination #2. Hope it doesn't cause any muscle pain or anything. That's really good about the ICU cases too

Crazy you're doing so much work

I've got a headache (& yet despite that I still babbled quite a bit in this post )

Chelle » join GTmy art