View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 08:52 AM
everwoodfan52
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpensix (View Post)

I thought it was ridiculous and uncalled for when Mrs. Hart asks Amy to organize a memorial for Colin before the first day of school at County High. I really thought it was too much. Of course Amy says yes but is totally wrapped up in sadness while going there. Layne dropping off Colin's laptop and Amy apologizing for not calling her before the surgery was interesting. "Home" was about Colin's individual goodbyes to the people he loved, yet he never called his sister? The exchange makes it seem like Laynie didn't know the surgery happened, which is just odd to me. Laynie pulls a disappearing act in between S2-S3 so it makes sense (in a frustrating way) her disappearing act between S1-S2 would happen as well.
I was happy to finally see Laynie. It did seem that Laynie did not know about the Surgery and Amy apologized for not telling her. Was that Amy's obligation?!? Shouldn't Laynie get that info from her parents? It's like Laynie doesn't even exist in that family.

Quote:
"I'm sorry that he's gone," Andy says, then exits the gym with his family at the memorial. The burden's lifted, though, and he's free once more. I enjoyed this moment very much.
I love that Ephram walked out with Andy and Delia showing a united front.
Do you think the townspeople were moved by what Andy said and forgave him? I know that Amy didn't, but am glad that Bright and Harold don't blame him.

Quote:
The last scene with Ephram/Amy was fabulous. Ephram's words to Amy were so beautiful, he was so sweet there. Here we are talking about loss once again. Loss is the theme that brings Ephram/Amy and Ephram/Bright together. This theme is ever present throughout the series but in classic Everwood this tough theme works out in the end.
Ephram was very sweet here and always gives good advice/analogies. Unfortunately he didn't get anywhere with Amy and has to be content with being a "friend".

Quote:
- The quick cut from Amy's daydream to the memorial service was brilliant. No transitions to ease us from fantasy to reality, just the immediate truth: Amy's dreaming. Colin has passed.
I bet all of those fans who were seeing Everwood for the first time were shocked by the revelation that Amy was just daydreaming. There was some hope there that Colin survived.

Quote:
- I also loved seeing Nina’s caring for Andy as she invited him to dinner. This was an important moment, showing us once again that Andy/Nina are for real. Right now it's just friendship but this is a cornerstone romantic pairing so stay tuned.
Nina is always going to be in Andy's corner. Wonder when she's going to tell him about Carl.

Quote:
- Bright goes through a huge transformation in this. In his final scene he’s so calm and at peace at the pool.
Very mature and reasonable. I love it.

Quote:
- The diner scene at the end between Harold/Andy and greeting with Doctor was awesome.
The respect is growing.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote