View Single Post
Old 06-01-2021, 02:10 PM
golden_girl
Elite Fan

depending on Friday's meeting of the national committee we might step away from the 6 feet apart rule... intensive care has less than 450 patients right now, they're expecting to be below 400 by next week. people are getting vaccinated and we have been expecting to get lesser restrictions on the 9th for a while now (but it came with a condition on how many people were gonna be on IC) which sound like cinema's and gyms reopening, being allowed to have parties up to 50 people in your backyard(currently 10)(indoors we'll go from 2 people to 4), restaurants and bars being allowed to open up inside areas, ...

been discussing the lifting of the 6feet distance rule with coworkers who also feel like you'll have many awkward situations when meeting up with people. like when you arrive what are you gonna do? we are the community where when meeting someone you know quite well, there's usually 3 pecks on the cheeks... some hug, mostly and certainly in formal meetings people shake hands.... but if you're meeting up with people who follow different rules... it'll be weird for me and it'll take quite a while before going back to my habits of February 2020. I'll admit, I won't wave from afar when arriving at a family gathering but just thinking about the 3 pecks... not just yet for me! and hugging feels like the same.

the committee meeting will resolve things.