View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 11:01 AM
Heda_Khaleesi
Fan Forum Legend

M.O.M.: Mother of Madness [Emilia's comic book] #1: Because for 2 years she secretly worked on her own superheroine comic book #comicsrule #21st July

Instagram: @mayamotherofmadness

Quote:
"It started almost as a joke, Emilia Clarke recalls: "About three years ago, I was in a car with a bunch of friends and was like, 'Hey, guys, wouldn't it be really funny if…' And then I woke up the next day and was like, 'That would be funny. That would be f---ing cool. Why not?'"

And thus M.O.M.: Mother of Madness was born. The three-issue Image Comics miniseries, written by Clarke (along with writer Marguerite Bennett, who she calls her "comic guru"), follows a single mom named Maya who discovers she possesses freakish superpowers, and uses them to take on a secret cabal of human traffickers.

Clarke describes the comic as a Deadpool-esque blend of "a lot of silliness" and tongue-in-cheek humor, combined with a very current feminist sensibility "explored in an extreme genre-bending atmosphere."

"We're always calling mothers superheroes, and I'm like, what if they were? What if they legitimately were superheroes?" the Game of Thrones star tells EW. "Maya has had a very hard life, and she finds herself in a place where everything that makes her unique, she hates and is ashamed about. It's only in the discovery of her powers that she finds her true acceptance of who she is."
Emilia Clarke wrote a comic book! Preview her superhero story M.O.M.: Mother of Madness

title suggestions:

"Are there any women out there that are superpowered, but aren't in a skintight costume? Not that I can see."
"The biggest reason why I wanted to make this comic is because I wanted young girls to look at a woman that was fallible."
"What if mothers legitimately were superheroes?"
Because Maya's mask is similar to the signature balaclavas of Pussy Riot

Last edited by Heda_Khaleesi; 04-21-2021 at 12:52 PM