View Single Post
Old 02-26-2021, 04:04 PM
shinebrighterxx
Graphics Team Manager

Multiple languages does seem a lot, yes . Unless it is necessary for their lives I don't think it is needed that young. Starting is fine (although still a lot if its more than 2) but not having to fully understand

I didn't think twice about that line, I just picked up on the 'homeschooling' line & was questioning if they were suggesting that the twins are older or if they simply meant preschool. Schooling systems are different in different countries (& via parental expectations), then how they reacted to covid is different.

In Australia our Prime Minister didn't want any schools to close. Some states ignored that & decided what was best for them was to shut. Childcare/preschool-type settings were not shut down. They remained open for children of essential workers, & then the Prime Minister introduced free childcare so all the children came back into care as if covid didn't exist anymore. Then, not that I have children, but schools in my state were probably only closed for a max 3 months. So for me the whole closing of schools & homeschooling, let alone preschools, is a foreign concept. On top of the fact that US-school systems is different to Australian ones. We don't even start the school year at the same time as the US. So for me that line is questionable as we don't start school until 5 & we didn't have learning from home all that much.

As for the line about the computer, it was funny. Children are growing up in a world where technology is heavily relied upon & around everywhere so they're going to understand it from an early age. Then it is McGee's child so I'd expect them to understand computers. I presume that covid keeping them home has forced children into knowing how to use technology too. I could discuss or judge technological use at a young age but that is going too far (I wrote a report on the impact of technology & if children in the early years should be exposed to it when I did my Diploma of Early Childhood Education)

Chelle » join GTmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote