View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 07:05 PM
BehrItAll
Fan Forum Star

I follow V.E Schwab and she often describes her schedule to show how she writes different things at once and also do some self-care.

Quote:
Verified
A day in the life, as it is right now.
To be honest, before lockdown, it all looked different. Before lockdown, I never sat still lock enough to have a routine. And in a couple weeks when the First Kill room ends, my schedule will change shape again. But this is what it looks like right now. Give or take an hour here or there. Give or take a book read on a bicycle or a morning sleep-in or a violin lesson or a night gone late with meetings.

Quote:
Here we go. New year. New month. New day. New chart.

I get asked a ton of questions about my habit tracker, so here are a few answers:
—the tasks I put on the list change every month as needed.
—I fill in the square after completing said task (“completing” is a flexible concept, sometimes it’s 10 min, sometimes hours).
—it’s never about filling in ALL the squares EVERY day. It’s about reinforcing that every day is a fresh start, and keeping track of patterns (so that 1 day without doing x doesn’t become 15 days without doing x).
—there’s no punishment or negative self-talk in this system. It’s not about what you fail to do, but accounting for what you manage.
—I purposefully put both professional and personal goals on the list, so even if I’m having an unproductive writing day, I can have a productive self day.