View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 04:59 PM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

Losing a pet - dog or cat - is always very sad. Sorry about the cats Aubie. My son recently lost his dog very suddenly - and his wife rushed out and got a tiny poodle puppy! He has his hands full now! But his heart is happier.

Mr ML always gets SUPER worried about dental or medical stuff, and then afterwards he said "Why was I so worried; it's over already." I hope that will be your experience Ekua. I don't think they do a root canal unless the tooth is already dead, so it shouldn't be too bad (easy for me to say!) HUGS! LOL about the hotel being like 'The Shining' - that would be spooky!

I thought the argument against pipelines is - they always leak (like flat roofs on houses) so there is the environmental danger. But yes, we need oil and gas to run US (and Canada) too. I didn't know the business ate the Utes and their gas/oil business. I think with that new Native American person in the government, she will be looking out for fair treatment for all the tribes (I hope).

I thought the whole Inauguration business was lovely and tasteful and a lot of fun, and it's such a relief to know serious people are getting to work at the business of governing, who actually have a clue what they are doing, and aren't trying to turn it into a 'profitable business' or an oligarchy, but rather a well/smoothly run democratic country. Four years of Trump was like putting a 5-year-old behind the wheel! Scary and a very bad idea.

You are going great remote grandma stuff Podmom and that COVID scare was.. scary. I can't believe they took off to Turks and Caicos (traveling during the pandemic, I mean) but I hope they have a wonderful time there and stay safe. We're still afraid to eat in a restaurant, although we grocery shop (in masks) while my brother in CA orders the food and has it put in the trunk/avoids going into the store at all.

I'm worried about the new COVID mutations - the UK one, the S. African one, and one in ?Brazil - sigh. It's all just so complicated! Hoping we can get the vaccine shots sooner than later, but things aren't going to settle down (back to no masks, back to crowds) for a very long time, I think. It is a pity this medical issue was so politicized and people have so many crazy ideas (don't get me started on the QAnon nutjobs).
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan