View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 04:18 PM
My Kind Of Crazy
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Earlier this week, I had the privilege of joining the California Milk Processor Board (creators of @gotmilk?) & California Milk Advisory Board, representing CA dairy farm families (@realcalifmilk) at @lafoodbank to shadow volunteers for a behind-the-scenes look at the impactful work happening at Feeding America member food banks throughout the state. Together, we launched the #FoodForThought campaign with the first act of kindness in our community. During the visit, we surprised volunteers with a meal and presented a $300,000 donation from California dairy farm families (@realcalifmilk) to fund over 1 million servings of milk in California communities. And this is just the START!
With each #FoodForThought act of kindness or positivity post shared or engaged with on Instagram, tagging @gotmilk or @tomaleche, a $1 donation is generated, providing 10 meals from Feeding America to communities in need. So post something positive, write a thank you note, pay for someone’s groceries (if that’s something you’re able to do), give someone your parking space (I know- that one’s hard), cook food for someone, donate old clothes - get creative. Just tag @gotmilk or @tomaleche and #foodforthought, and at least ten people will get to eat. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
#foodforthought #socialgood #gotmilk #fighthunger #actsofkindness #randomactsofkindness #ad