View Single Post
Old 04-28-2020, 05:18 PM
Truthisbeauty
Dedicated Fan

^Ah yes, I'm with you there if by Delena you mean when they had a romantic relationship. I should probably clarify when I say "Delena" that I meant I liked when Damon loved Elena but she was with Stefan. I liked that she cared for him, but loved Stefan most of all. I think it was good for Damon's character also. She didn't approve of everything he did--in fact, a lot of the time it seemed like she disapproved. In S4 when she became a vampire and dated Damon she just seemed so out of character. I would have found it interesting to explore--this idea of her letting her hair down and wanting to enjoy being a vampire--but it just went on and on and stopped making sense. (Ironically, it was Bonnie who was showing disapproval to both Damon and Elena at that time.) It really made no sense the feeling I got that Damon had no accountability for killing of Lexi. Then later Elena wanted to become human with him and I just can't believe Damon would ever want to be a human, even if less selfish.

For me it would have been much more believable to have Stefan end up with Elena and live human lives and have Bonnie and Damon travel the world together as supernaturals.