View Single Post
Old 04-22-2020, 04:35 PM
FoxPhile
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse25 (View Post)
I agree. However, if the coronavirus did exist 'over there', I believe a vaccine would have been developed already.
It would depend on when the virus first appeared. Vaccines take time to develop and while the process may be slightly faster 'over there', it's still probably going to take months in any universe. It's entirely possible that creating a vaccine might take longer in the alternate universe. I think if there is a significant difference in how it's handled, it's more likely to be in the treatment and how preventive measures are managed. People who get the virus might be able to go into an isolation tank similar to what they used for Lincoln Lee when he was burned. Death rates might be much lower. Based on the necessity to carry and produce identity cards, personal freedoms are less zealously guarded, so stay-at-home orders and the use of personal protection are probably more stringently enforced - and implemented earlier - which would lessen the impact. HOWEVER - given that the population in the alternate universe has had to deal with hundreds or thousands of people being ambered, they may be more willing to accept certain measures that are done for the greater good. It wouldn't surprise me if certain groups of people who contract the virus - the elderly and disabled - are simply quarantined and allowed to die so that resources can be reserved for the treatment of those more able to contribute once they recover.

~Heidi