Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2004, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Big Or Little Screen?

So, sure, I bet most of you would prefer the big screen, but if it means I can get a movie that's no longer in the theater, I'll definitely take it on the small screen.

On the other hand, I rarely watch movies on television because the commercials annoy me - you don't get the same continuity.

And finally, this Friday I watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail on the big screen with 2000 other appreciative fans (they clapped after each of their favorite sceens), and it really holds up well after 29 years, I think because it was on the big screen, you know?

Then again, if you sit far enough away in the theater the screen is almost the size of a big screen TV, so what's the difference?

Your opinions?

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Extreme Fan

small screen..
i like to watch at home.. on the comfy couch before sleeping..that way i dont' have to dress up or anything.

occasionally big screen is fine though-- especially when i can't wait for the DVD version s release [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Elite Fan

I like small screen, but some movies you just HAVE to see on the big screen, like the LotR's trilogy or some of the big tiem action movies, like Blade and Terminator.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

It depends on what type of movie it is. If it`s a drama and comedy, i like to watch it on the little screen and if it`s action, i love seeing it on the big screen.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:45 AM
Addicted Fan

Gone With The Wind was so much better on a big screen [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And some things just NEED audiences, like Singin' In The Rain - only time a cinema audience has ever clapped a film [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Price-wise though, if it's something new, I won't see it on the big screen unless I REALLY NEED TO, because it's too expensive.

I think I prefer the whole audience and darkness atmosphere to the fact that it's a big screen though. And sometimes, it really makes you pay attention because you can't just leave halfway through, and so something that starts off slow you can suddenly realise is a gem midway, when it picks up. Of course, it sucks when the crap movie really IS crap and you have to suffer through it all [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Profaine Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 02:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

If it's an up and coming movie I'm excited about or anxious to see, then I prefer the big screen. I like going to the movies.

But I don't mind the small screen either.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:56 AM
Total Fan

I like watching at home on my big screen [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2004, 11:52 AM
Loyal Fan

Big screen for certain movies. Small screen for others. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

starsprite- [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I wish I had a big screen!
Old 04-13-2004, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

Some movies, like action or horror, just have to be seen on the big screen otherwise they don't have the same effect. Some of the quieter movies are good enough on the small screen.
Charlize'sAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Passionate Fan

small Screen!
I love to watch movies on my days off and before bed. If I do go to the big screen I go late at night!
Old 04-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Extreme Fan

I love to be on my couch, leaning back all comfy and watching a movie. And I love the chance of rewinding and fastforwarding, or pausing or something. But... I dunno, it's also great to go to the movies. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It really does depend on the movie.
'[...]we can start over. We can do everything that we didn't do before, and you can take as much time as you need. You can take a month, you can take a year, you can take ten years...I don't care. And I'm not leaving without you. And I'm not living without you. I love you...

I love you.
'
Whimsical Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Addicted Fan

I prefer the big screen for pretty much all movies. To me, they lose something on the small screen, and there's also way less distractions. I can't stand the phone ringing or people talking through movies, particularly ones I've never seen before.

icon credit
alli balli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

i pretty much now refuse to watch a movie on tv. they like always abridge them and i like the original cuss words. it makes the movie look stupid dubbing the actors.

however while i prefer the big screen if it's not an option at home is almost as good.
n e r b l e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by starsprite:
<STRONG>I like watching at home on my big screen [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
*is deeply envious*

You know, I'm surprised by how many of you share my viewing habits. I wonder of the movie industry will sit up and take notice and start to bring the cost of going to the theater down... Probably not, but one can dream.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

I like watching movies at home on my 27' flat screen tv which is big enough for me. But I do love going to the movies. But lying on my bed at home watching dvds is so comfy and plus then I own the movies. I can watch it over and over if I wanna.

I went & saw Grease at the movie theater for it's 20th anniversary and that was great! I never thought I would get to see it on the big screen and I sang all the songs along with the movie. It was tons of fun.

So when they re-release movies that really the best.

But I do agree that horror movies are much better on the big screen. And it's always fun watching them with a ton of people.

And really funny comedies because it is fun to laugh along with a lot of people.

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Galaxia21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread