Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2004, 06:05 PM
New Fan

Drug Movies

Hey!! i was just wondering what everyones favorite drug movies are?? Mine is Requiem for a Dream, which is a really messed up but i loved it. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
UsedUpGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 06:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Spun!!! Spun is an awesome drug movie.
pacifierrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 07:07 PM
Master Fan

I like Rules of Attraction, but Natural Born Killers is awesome. Such a weird movie.
QueenBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 09:25 PM
Passionate Fan

Christiane F, very cool movie. Shows a 14 year old girl's descent into heroin addiction in 1970s Berlin.

Requiem for a Dream is pretty awesome too.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

I like The Rules of Attraction and Go, i love both of those movies, but rules of attraction is very dark even marylin manson said so.
Brighter Than Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Trainspotting
Baby crawling up the wall anyone or a swim in a toilet? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] great acting in this film. I also love Requim for a dream too.

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 06:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

just for laughs....how about some oldies but goodies?....a couple of explotation films from the 1930's, that were meant to scare.....available for rent from tower records....look in cult movies....

'marijuana'

Good girls go bad after smoking the devil's weed. A great campy classic from the "Reefer Madness" era.

Marley Wood, Hugh Mc Arthur, and Pat Carlyle host this 1930's propaganda film, depicting the horrors of marijuana use. A high school girl is led to ruin after befriending a drug dealer who invites her to a party at his beach house. This companion to Reefer Madness is an early anti-weed faux documentary which chronicles one girl's descent into crime and prostitution, the result of her marijuana dependency. A crazed melodrama produced by the government to convince the public that shifty-eyed foreigners are doping our teenaged girls. In one sequence the girls run nude on a beach in speeded up motion laughing maniacally.

and....

'reefer madness'

The most famous exploitation film ever! A hilariously campy classic about the dangers of the devil's weed. You know, marijuana. Originally titled: "Tell Your Children." Educator Dr. Carroll warns parents about the dangers of the scourge of marijuana usage by schoolchildren. A group of college students have their lives turned upside down as they get hooked on dope and descend into a world of wild parties, car accidents, rape, murder and suicide. "[Business] is getting better every day. These kids sure go for it." (Dope peddler Jack Perry) "I recall distinctly a few weeks ago. It was during a class on English literature. There was a serious discussion of Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet," when he suddenly burst into an uncontrollable fit of hysterical laughter." (Dr. Carroll, describing the behavior of Billy Harper) The prologue to the film states: "Marihuana is... an unspeakable scourge--the Real Public Enemy Number One! Its first effect is sudden violent, uncontrollable laughter, then come dangerous hallucinations,... the loss of all power to resist physical emotions, leading finally to acts of shocking violence,... ending often in incurable insanity."
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

Blow. Johnny Depp is awesome in that movie.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 12:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well I love Requiem for a dream, spun, trainspotting, and rules of attraction, i also love Doom Generation ...
its*all*happening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 03:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Natural Born Killers.
One of my favourite movies, all categories! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Avie: Isis2015
Novlótë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Go [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2004, 07:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

'spun'....it's been mentioned more than once in this thread already....worth the watch just for the actors who appear in it!!!

mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is my fave, followed by The Basketball Diaries.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Trainspotting. It has a nice dose of dark comedy in it which is a good addition. Some scenes are difficult to view, but the touch of comedy helps.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Master Fan

Trainspotting
Requiem for a dream
Nele is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread