Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Gattaca (1997) #1

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]
Does anyone else like Gattaca? I love this movie and I was wondering if anyone else likes it as well. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 01-01-2004: Message edited Stefy ]

LiveJournal
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 11:14 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked this movie. I love the natural tone it had, like it really was something normal, another step on the evolution ladder.

When Uma's character asks Ethans if he is a "God-child" I smiled, that was some good dialogue. Plus, Jude Law! Hehe..
Old 01-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Passionate Fan

I haven't seen this movie in years but I vaguely remember some of it though. I liked it but i'll probably watch it again someday to refresh my memory. One thing I remember is that I really hated what Jude Law's character did in the end.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:27 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ROCKSTAR:
<STRONG>Plus, Jude Law! Hehe..</STRONG>
I know. Uma and Ethan were amazing, but Jude Law was just brilliant in this movie. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Is the guy who checks the urine samples Vincent's (Ethan) father? I always thought it was his father, but Antoine tells Vincent that their parents are dead.

LiveJournal
Old 01-02-2004, 10:16 PM
Master Fan

Gattaca...one of my favourite movies ever, if not my favourite. There's something so calm, serene, so natural, so...just normal about the film. Like it's so slow paced, but that just creates that atmosphere, the tension that can be created that wouldn't even be possible in other movies, the way that it's shot in such an old-fashioned way with the use of yellow filters and such. Good movie. Amazing acting, memorable quotes (dude, how could you forget "Oh no, I got the better end of the deal. I only lent you my body, you lent me your dream..."?! among so many others). A thrilling plot and just a great soundtrack.
Timeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

Gattaca was a great movie. I first watched this movie when I was writing a paper on genetic engineering. Before watching the movie I was sorta pro genetic eng., but that movie was so great, and so true that I changed views.

The movie included a great cast. Ethan, Jude, and whoever that played Vincent's brother... ALL HOT GUYS! My other reason for liking the movie so much. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
-diana- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 04:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

I always thought this movie was so sterile, but having watched it for the first time in a while (It was given to me on dvd I don't know why)... and I gotta say it is a pretty moving tale that is actually really well written and filmed superbly... what I once thought of as sterile I have come to appreciate as classy, simple and clean...

ANd Jude Law by the by is at his absolute best in this film.
Old 01-04-2004, 05:29 PM
Passionate Fan

We had to watch this in biology my freshman year. I wasn't complaining because Ethan is yummy. Jude Law isn't so bad either. I don't like Uma Thurman much now and then all I knew about her was she was Ethan's wife. Anyway, I missed the middle of it because of some extra curricular thing so I was a little confused. The ocean scenes are cool and pretty powerful. I don't know if it would have been my favorite if it hadn't been something for school. :shrugs:
"I'm just trying to be really considerate. I've never really done it before but I'm going to give it a shot. You know, I've seen it done and I've read about it so I'm going to try to be nice." ~Will, Big Brother 2
Maliejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 12:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

"Give me your num-bah!!!"[/Jude Law]

I love saying that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2004, 08:11 AM
Total Fan

I love this movie. It had a great story and very good acting [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
msanthropickat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

I loved that movie and its soundtrack. I like the story of man destined to fail just because of the 'numbers' but decided to overcome this to make his dream come true.

JudeNeary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 11:55 PM
Master Fan

Just a thing, has anyone else noticed that in the poster for Gattaca, the one where Ethan Hawke is on the top and Uma Thurman below, separated by the logo-ey thing for Gattaca (the half cell and the half Saturn), that Vincent is looking towards Saturn while Irene is looking at the cells? Funny eh...coincidence!? I THINK NOT!
Timeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 12:28 AM
Absolute Fan

Timeo That's a great point. I never even noticed that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Now I have to look for Gattaca posters on the net to check that out. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

LiveJournal
Old 01-07-2004, 02:02 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Stefy:
Timeo That's a great point. I never even noticed that. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Now I have to look for Gattaca posters on the net to check that out. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

edited...to include the french movie poster as well.. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-07-2004: Message edited mukooh ]
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Jude Law [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
I love this film! One of my favourites [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] The cast is wonderful, the storyline is unique and there is a Jude Law [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 01-07-2004: Message edited ~Lilith~ ]
~Lilith~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread