Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2004, 08:52 PM
New Fan

The Virgin Suicides (1999) #1

I can't believe there isn't a topic in here for this wonderful movie! Is anyone else a die-hard fan like me? Anyway, I'd like to get a topic going on the movie, and talk about the major mysteries of the film. Who's everyone's favorite character and why? (Just for a starter question) PLEASE post me a private message if you truely are a huge fan like me, I'd like to give you the link to this awesome and unforgettable forum where fans like me have joined [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Seuthrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 05:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

I love Virgin Suicides, the book and the movie too!!
its*all*happening is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 01:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

hi...i saw 'the virgin suicides' in a theater when it was first released.....all i can remember after watching this film was how depressed i was...i left with a feeling of no hope.......the only other film that i can remember making me feel that way is 'your friends & neighbors'...i believe i saw that about the same time too....maybe it was just the time and the space i was in at that time...perhaps now's the time for another look at 'the virgin suicides'........
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 03:48 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't like it when I first saw it like a year back. Maybe if I see it again with a more open mind I'll see what everyone else loves about it.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:57 PM
Addicted Fan

I didn't like it much either, I didn't feel much for any of the characters. I wouldn't mind reading the book though. Perhaps if I watched it again I'd like it, that often happens with me [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I can ride you at a gallop till your legs buckle and your eyes roll up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you pop like warm champagne and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more.
PVCscully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Ultimate Fan

I went away from it feeling really low, just because of the brutal ways the girls died...morbidity anyone? I also saw it initally 'cause I'm a big, BIG fan of Hayden Christensen and A.J Cook, as well as all their cinematic efforts. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I also remember being scared of Josh Hartnett's hair... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 09:26 PM
Total Fan

I absolutely love this movie. Sofia Coppola can do no wrong in my opinion.

The books also my favorite book.

I need to get my copy of the movie back, my sociology teacher borrowed it from me.
Old 04-03-2004, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by .:NiennaValandil:.:
<STRONG>

I also remember being scared of Josh Hartnett's hair... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Oh. My. God. I was traumatized after that do.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

Ohwww Trip Fontaine is sooo cool, I love JH in this movie!!
Old 04-04-2004, 01:49 PM
New Fan

Wow, what harsh reviews [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Ever since I first saw it I've been obsessed, and the book was just as powerful. I guess you just have to have a feeling for it, and if you don't like, I guess the love for it (like others have) just won't hit you. Some people love it, and some people don't. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Seuthrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 03:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Seuthrian:
<STRONG>Wow, what harsh reviews [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Ever since I first saw it I've been obsessed, and the book was just as powerful. I guess you just have to have a feeling for it, and if you don't like, I guess the love for it (like others have) just won't hit you. Some people love it, and some people don't. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]</STRONG>

I didn't hear anything "harsh", but just the same, nothing to take offense over [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]...they were just people's opinions. And you're absolutely right, some people love it and some don't so...yeah.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 01:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

I don't get this movie. Granted last time I watched it I was 11 and now I am 14, but I dont get it at all. I love Kirsten and....yes I've said it 2 times but threes a charm....I dont get it
Will secretly enjoy our time
So kiss on me tonight

---"Kiss on Me" Tyler Hilton
Miss Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 02:05 AM
Passionate Fan

I love The Virgin Suicides, used to be a bit obsessed with it. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] The book was really amazing and the movie was good too, while watching it I sort of felt uneasy as well as fascinated. My favourite character in both the book and movie is Cecilia, not sure why, I just find her the most interesting. I even wrote a short fanfiction type thing based on her first suicide attempt. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] If anyone's interested I could post it?
One of my favourite scenes in the movie is when, after Cecilia's death, one of the boys is daydreaming and sees her lying on the branch of the elm tree. It's a really beautiful and creepy scene.
And although I'm a bit sick of Kirsten Dunst, because she's in so many movies, I think she was perfect for the role of Lux Lisbon. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Very cool performance.
Old 04-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah i really liked Kirsten too, and I liked Aj Cook too, she was great ...
Old 04-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Passionate Fan

I saw this movie twice I thought it was a good movie. the ended freaks me out I haven't read the book but need to. I also love Kirsten in it! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Reply   Post New Thread