Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2004, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

A Cinderella Story (2004) #1 - Once upon a time...can happen anytime.

I was looking through movie trailers and came upon this movie. I didnt really know if anyone else had it posted on here so I decided to make a thread on it. It looks really interesting and I like Hilary Duff as an actress. Plus it has Chad Michael Murray in it. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Movie Trailer

Plot

Set at a high school in the San Fernando Valley, this is the story of a "dorky" girl, Sam Martin (Duff), who lives with her stepmother (Coolidge) and stepsisters, after her father dies, and his diner is taken over by his new wife, who used to be a waitress there and who makes Sam do all the hard work there. Sam has few friends at her high school, where the top of the social ladder is Shelby Cummings (Gonzalo), a girl who is wealthy, spoiled and shallow. Sam's attitude and look changes quickly overnight, however, when her cel phone is found by a mysterious guy (Murray), with whom she soon starts corresponding via notes and e-mails, with the promise looming soon that she will finally get to meet him at the big Halloween school dance

Cast
Hilary Duff .... Sam Montgomery
Chad Michael Murray .... Austin Ames
Brenda Song .... Kelly Anderson
Brad Bufanda .... David
Dan Byrd .... Carter Farrell
Madeline Zima .... Brianna (wicked stepsister)
Julie Gonzalo .... Shelby Cummings
rest of cast listed alphabetically
Lilli Babb .... Young Gabriella
Aimee-Lynn Chadwick .... Astrid
Jennifer Coolidge .... Nora
Jessyka Ellington .... Ballroom Dancer
Simon Helberg .... Terry
Erica Hubbard .... Madison
Regina King .... Mandy
Keli Murphy .... Roller Waitress #2
Hannah Robinson .... Young Sam
Lin Shaye
Rory Thost .... Young Carter
John H. Tobin .... Dad at Carwash
My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't wait to see this movie. I love Chad Michael Murray. Do you know when it comes out?
Old 02-22-2004, 09:30 PM
Ultimate Fan

i want to see this too..it looks soo cute.chad michael murray is soo hot.my god..i am sweating right now. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
ScorpioGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here's the release dates

USA 16 July 2004
UK 20 August 2004
Argentina 2 September 2004
Norway 17 September 2004
Czech Republic 14 October 2004
Russia 28 October 2004
Brazil 29 October 2004
My LJ
Old 02-22-2004, 10:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

I really want to see this too. I love Hilary Duff as an actress and singer. Mmm, Chad.... [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]

~*~
Spike: Death is on your heels, baby. And sooner or later, it's gonna catch you. And part of you wants it. Not only to stop the fear and uncertainty, but because you're just a little bit in love with it.
Calmly Chaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here's an Chad Michael Murray interview about the movie.

Chad Michael Murray's a familiar face to "Gilmore Girls" and "Dawson's Creek" audiences, and with "Freaky Friday," he's becoming more recognizable to big screen audiences.
While promoting his supporting role in that body-swapping flick starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan, Murray provided a little insight into his next big theatrical release - "A Cinderella Story" - starring teen sensation Hilary Duff.

Can you describe the plot to "A Cinderella Story?"
This is a real modern version of "Cinderella," a contemporary version of "Cinderella." Basically instead of a horse and carriage, I’ve got a G55 Mercedes – nice. It looks good (laughing).

Who do you play?
Prince Charming – Austin [also known as] Prince Charming.

Is there a fairy godmother?
No, there’s no fairy godmother. Maybe – hold on, let me think about that. I'll have to get back to you on that one.

How about any talking mice?
No talking mice [and] instead of a glass slipper we have a cell phone with text messaging.

What else is different?
Basically the premise is that [Hilary Duff's] character is kind of a nerd. Her father died when she was young. She’s got an evil stepmother who took over, and two stepsisters. She kind of has to do all the chores and she never gets an opportunity to be free. She wants to go to Princeton. My character also wants to go to Princeton but his father has set up his life. My father and all of my friends want me to go play USC football and want me to run the car wash when I’m done. [My father's] got it set up for me, but that’s not really what I want. So, finally, I meet this person on the Internet in a chat room, called 'Princeton Girl,' which is Hilary Duff’s character. She’s the only person who really understands me. She’s the only person I can open up and say, “Look, I want to go to Princeton. I want to have my own life.” And so we decide that we’re going to meet one night at the Halloween Ball. I get dressed up as Prince Charming and she dresses up as Cinderella, which is kind of funny how that happens, too.

How does that happen?
It’s weird how it happens. You have to see it because I can’t explain it. I wish I could. So we end up meeting at the Halloween Ball but she has a mask on. Before I get the opportunity to see who see really is, she has to go. She drops her cell phone and that’s the only way I know who she is. I have no idea who she is, so for the rest of the film I spend time trying to find out who Cinderella is.

And she doesn't want you to find out?
Well, she’s insecure for me to find out who she is because she’s a nerd and I’m the cool guy – the stereotypical jock. So basically that’s the premise of the story.

How is Hilary Duff to work with?
She’s great. She’s awesome. She’s a sweetheart, a nice girl, and a lot smarter than you think. Hell of a lot smarter than you think.

Have you heard her new album?
Yeah, it’s a great album. I just heard the whole thing last week. She’s a smart cookie.

Is it true you two went to a party together before shooting?
We didn’t have much time to hang out before the project. We’ve got these kissing scenes and a lot of romantic scenes, so we just kind of wanted to get to know each other a little bit better before we kind of jumped into it. We went and we hung out. She’s a lot of fun.

You're 22. Do you feel so much older when you hang out with Hilary Duff?
What’s really interesting is that she doesn’t act like she’s 15. She can have an intelligent conversation. She’s a lot more mature, she’s got a lot of stuff going on. She’s kind of had to grow up in the business so I haven’t felt like a dirty old man yet - thank God (laughing).
My LJ
Old 02-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting that. I can't wait til this movie comes out it sounds so good. I always wanted to see a modern Cinderella.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah me too. It seems so far away though. Hopefully July will come fast. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
My LJ
Old 07-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Elite Fan

I knew there was a thread about this already Long time but hey.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

Reposting some pictures from the other thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by ~*bitterswt*~

Offical Site:
Click here for the Trailers, Photos, Media Player and Other Downloads.

I just saw this movie today and I loved it. Despite the bad reviews, its a classic movie remade into a sweet comedy. And who to better to star in it than Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray. They have this way of just making you smile.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Ultimate Fan

I just got a chance to see the movie and thought it was pretty decent. But my main question is does anyone know the song that plays during the football scene and that whole montage?

Thanks
Old 07-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just saw the movie yesterday...I loved it. Chad and Hilary are great together...

The song played in the football game was Boom by Fan Three.

"I'm a girl on the verge of a nervous breakdown,I'm all messed up,baby all cause of you I can't sleep,I'm in too deep,I'm a girl on the verge of a major meltdown,I may be all freaked out and confused but I still wouldn't want to be you...."
Alexis_Milo_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 07:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

I saw the movie a few days ago. It was really good!!! I loved Chad and Hilary!
Rachel Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I saw this movie last night and I loved it. It was such a cute movie. And Hilary and Chad did such a great job. They had excellent chemistry, the movie was so cute. I can't wait til it comes out on DVD.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well I finally saw the flick and I loved it like I knew I would. Chad and Hilary were great together. I liked Carter alot besides Chad's character, he was funny.
My LJ
Reply   Post New Thread