Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2004, 07:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Miracle (2004) #1: Great story, eye candy, and hockey - what's not to like?

*=MIRACLE APPRECIATION THREAD=*

This thread is dedicated to the fandom of the 2004 movie, Miracle, directed by Gavin O'Connor, written by Eric Guggenheim, and starring Kurt Russell, Patricia Clarkson, Noah Emmerich, and Eddie Cahill.

*CAST*:

Kurt Russell......Herb Brooks
Patricia Clarkson......Patty Brooks
Noah Emmerich......Craig Patrick
Sean McCann......Walter Bush
Kenneth Welsh......Doc Nagobads
Eddie Cahill......Jim Craig
Patrick O'Brien Demsey......Mike Eruzione
Michael Mantenuto......Jack O'Callahan
Nathan West......Rob McClanahan
Kenneth Mitchell......Ralph Cox
Eric Peter-Kaiser......Mark Johnson
Bobby Hanson......Dave Silk
Joseph Cure......Mike Ramsey
Billy Schneider......Buzz Schneider
Nate Miller......John 'Bah' Harrington
Steve Kovalcik......Dave Christian
Sam Skoryna......Steve Janaszak
Pete Duffy......Bob Suter
Scott Johnson......Steve Christoff
Sarah-Anne Hepher......Kelly Brooks
Evan Smith......Danny Brooks
Bill Mondy......Lou Nanne
Tom Butler......Bob Allen
Don S. Davis......Bob Fleming
Mike Kopsa......Bruce Norris (as Michael Kopsa)

*=LINKS=

Miracle Official Movie Site
"Miracle" @ IMDb

*=INTRODUCTION=*

Hey all! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] I'm Janine, and this is my "Miracle" Appreciation Thread.

I figured after seeing it today for the first time that a thread for praise and discussion was well-deserved -- for the movie, as well as the actors themselves. ( [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] at the Hockey player eye candy... [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] )

I hope all of you post here who love the movie like I do, and by all means, have a hella good time! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Alrighty then....carry on.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]

Last edited by sumiregusa; 05-25-2004 at 10:17 AM
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 08:03 PM
Part-Time Fan

The movie looks great! I can't wait to go see it on Monday.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

You have no idea how excited this thread makes me. I was actually looking for one for a week or two, since the movie came out really. I saw it opening night and I am totally and completely in love with it.

Call it the inner hockey geek or whatever btu I absolutely loved this movie. I thought it was an excellent blend of hockey and drama and it was just put together wonderfully.

And on a totally superficial note can I say how hot most of the hockey players were. And Eddie Cahill's eyes, hot damn, that scene where they focused in on them through the mask was just WOWZA!
Old 02-21-2004, 11:02 PM
Passionate Fan

I loved it, one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Brooke/Chase
prettyg38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love this movie. I can't wait for the dvd to come out. I wasn't born when they won the gold but the movie made me feel patriotic. And some of the guys in the movie were.... [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Old 02-21-2004, 11:57 PM
Passionate Fan

This movie was so awesome! My parents took me to see it on Valentine's Day. They had seen it before and really liked it. I went in there thinking, "Um, ok. It's a sports movie from Disney. Tsk. Really not getting my hopes up." But . . . wow. It was just fantastic. Kurt Russell was amazing and they really managed to sidestep the "sports movie" clichs that so many others fall victim to. It was just great acting and action all around. I mean, I knew how it was going to end and I was still on the edge of my seat! I'm from Lake Placid and was born in 1980, so I didn't get to see one of the most (if not the most) memorable moment of my town-something I've always regretted. This movie gave me the chance to experience it, and I am so grateful for that.

[ 02-22-2004: Message edited Gaelicmaiden ]

"Normal people make a living. The deranged make history"-Chris Titus
Gaelicmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 02:59 AM
Elite Fan

Ah, I'm so jealous of everyone that has seen it. Once I get paid maybe I'll go out and see it. It must have a good ending if everyone likes it so much... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Join the John Mayer campaign!
**SuperGirl** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 08:31 AM
Total Fan

Hi! I just saw Mircale yesterday and I was so amazed! I absolutely [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]'ed it!!! The story is great in and of itself, but the movie was just so good. I swear, nothiing is hotter then seeing a bunch of guys playing hockey! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] I thought it was really interesting how all the players were just regular guys from college who were good hockey players... and they were cute. I wanted to clap and cheer during the movie, but I didn't want to make any noise. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Also, even tho we all know how it ended, I was still hanging on the edge of my seat! I can't wait till this movie comes out on DVD, I wish I could go out and see it again today. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] If anyone hasn't seen the movie, u should def. go out and see it. Sorry, i'll stop blabbing... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-22-2004, 02:51 PM
Addicted Fan

I saw Miracle and I loved it very much. Everyone in the movie portrayed their characters wonderfully and I cannot wait until the movie comes out on DVD. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

This movie is awesome! Everyone should go see it! I have been playing hockey for 11 years(i started when i was 3)so I was so excited that a hokcey movie was coming out. My whole hockey team went to see it as a team and we all enjoyed it. It inspired us so much we went out and kicked butt during our game that night
Even if your not into sports people should see this movie! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2004, 04:20 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yay!!! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]

I'm so glad people are posting and testifying to the greatness that is Miracle. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Keep it comin'!

Old 02-25-2004, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I like how the movie used professional hockey players rather than actors. I hope some of them decide to act again.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlight Serenade:
<STRONG>I like how the movie used professional hockey players rather than actors. I hope some of them decide to act again.</STRONG>
Yes indeed. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

My "some" list would definitely have to include Michael Mantenuto. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] Hottness on a stick, that one... [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2004, 10:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

Bought this one on DVD the other day...can't stop watching it to save my life. Can I just put all of them in my pocket and take them home...PLEASE???

Old 05-25-2004, 10:41 AM
Master Fan

Is it just me or does anyone else find this movie wholesomely insulting and stupid?

Some Hollywood producer decides to take the events of the 1980 Olympics, where the US Hockey team and the USSR Hockey team face off, and the little guy, the US team, pulls a win. The one time that they won. Versus like the dozens of times they lost. I don't know about others, but it screams of childishness and immaturity to me. They brag about the ONE win that they got but conveniently forget the many many times they've lost?
Timeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread