Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 05:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Book Adaptations #1 - Good friends, good books...good movies?

there are plenty of mystery novels i would like to see made into movies. the sir henry merrivale detective stories by carter dickson. the shell scott detective novels by richard prather. the shell scott novel i would most want to see as a movie is STRIP FOR MURDER. "i just want the facts,ma'am. the bare facts!"
tsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 05:58 PM
Elite Fan

I'll be a mainstream whore and say "The Da Vinci Code" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I heard it was already being considered but who knows? The dialogue is perfect for a movie and the scenes are staged beautifully for transplantation. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2004, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

i've been on a dan brown reading frenzy. i know they're making a davinci code, but i think they should make them of all of his books.
n e r b l e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 07:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

"running with scissors" (even the title sounds good as a film title) by augusten burroughs.....it's the story the a boy whose mother his under the care of a psychatrist.....the psychatrist and the mother agree that it would be best for the boy to live with him...it turns out that the psychatrist is crazier than the mother.......
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think Alice Hoffman's The Probable Future would make a great film if they stick to the book. Even though I dont really like Catherine Zeta-Jones that much, I could see her as Jenny.

I would also like to see any of Barbara Kingsolver's books as a movie, especially The Bean Trees, Pigs In Heaven, Animal Dreams & The Poisonwood Bible (I think Charlize Therron would be great in that one)
Old 04-01-2004, 02:41 PM
Passionate Fan

I think any of Laurell K. Hamilton's books would make great movies. I love the supernatural and her books are chocked full of it.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

some books are too large for me to finish so i would like to see the movie of INFINITE JEST just to find out how it ends.
tsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 07:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Anne Brahares' The Sisterhood of the traveling Pants, I think it would make an excellent movie, sort of like The Babbysitters where it's simple and fun mixed with drama.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by .one.ray.of.sunlight.:
<STRONG>Anne Brahares' The Sisterhood of the traveling Pants, I think it would make an excellent movie, sort of like The Babbysitters where it's simple and fun mixed with drama.</STRONG>
You get your wish! They are gonna do that book as a movie and I know that one of the stars will be Amber Tamblyn. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

I know they made the first Earth's Children book (Clan of the Cave Bear) into a movie, but I've heard that it was pretty bad; I think they could do the rest of the series & make it really good! Before I found out that a movie was already in the works, I really wanted the His Dark Materials series to be made into movies; I'm excited for that! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

**Actress^Animal Lover^Flutist^Writer**
amusic20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 02:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by golden_dust:
<STRONG>

You get your wish! They are gonna do that book as a movie and I know that one of the stars will be Amber Tamblyn. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I love Amber in JoA, can't wait.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

Dreamland by Sarah Dessen...this is one of my favorite books and I think it could be an excellent movie as long as they don't make it too depressing like a Lifetime movie. I also think Jena Malone would be perfect as either Caitlin or Cass.

Dancing on the Edge by Han Nolan...a very different kind of story that I think would do well on screen as well. I don't know who I would want to star in it though. Most of the actresses I think of are too old.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
22 Umbrellas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'd like to see The DaVinci Code as well, and possibly even a more recent adaptation of A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle -- I think they're might've been a previous attempt, but I don't remember. I didn't take my gingko biloba today. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I'd also be interested in an adaptation of The Silmarillion, just because I'm a raging Tolkien fan and would like to see how Hollywood deals with the history of Middle-Earth. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Other than that, I don't know. I need to read more than I do...NOT including fanfic.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:05 AM
Elite Fan

"A orillas del Rio Piedras me sente y llore" by Paulo Coelho [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

It would be one of the sweetest and saddest of movies. The actors the best and the cinematography would have to be simply beautiful.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

My sister's keeper and The lovely bones would be fantastic movies. Also, the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series would be hilarious.
cuemypulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread