Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2004, 01:41 AM
Master Fan

The Rocky Horror Picture Show (1975) #1: Let there be lips.

I searched this entire board thoroughly and I couldn't find a thread for this movie so I hope it's ok I started one.

Rocky Horror has been a movie that I've been watching since I was about 6 years old and I still love it to death. I know I'm not the only one here who loves this movie so, yes. I hope to see people posting [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

_Andi
xxx
Old 04-01-2004, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!

i saw it three years ago and love it to death! my friends and i still haven't gone and seen it a the local theater, but we will this summer!
roswellcharmed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 07:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hallelujah!!!

Rocky Horror! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] This is one of my favourite movies... The first time I saw it, it blew me out the door and I became nearly obsessed with it. I still watch it all the time and think everyone should love it.

Icon by me!
Pink Panther Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 12:15 AM
Master Fan

See, here in Australia, at least in Adelaide I know we don't show it at local theatres. I think maybe once or twice but it's not a traditional thing. Which sucks.
Not sure I could say I'm obsessed with it because it's been a part of my life for about 12 or so years now. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2004, 12:17 AM
Addicted Fan

yay I love this movie!I know pretty much all the songs.lol.
It's totally brilliant! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Avie: Isis2015
Novlótë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

i love the songs so much!

i love the time warp the most of course. last year at my high schools homecoming and sade hawkins(but we called it twirp) dance they played the time warp. both times my friends and i all did it and say along to the whole thing while most of the people there were like...huh??

at homecoming they started playing the movie and we didn't recognize it until the heard that music they play as the door opens. muhahahaha
Old 04-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

i have to confess i've never seen 'the rocky horror picture show' on film.....i saw it as a play....which in the opinion of people who have seen it both ways (the film and the play) is the way to truly experience it....in the very beginning 'the rocky horror picture show' started out as a play, was made into a film, and then was produced once more as a play........the film used to be shown at midnight for many years at the balboa theater on the balboa peninsula, in newport beach....
even today it's still shown at some theaters in the united states at midnight.....witness below...

THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW - Saturday Midnight at the Nuart Theatre 11272 Santa Monica Boulevard, just west of the 405 Freeway West Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310) 281-8223

*Saturday Midnight at the Nuart Theatre, Featuring Sins Of The Flesh LIVE!

The longest-running midnight movie of all time stars Tim Curry as the kinky yet endearing transsexual from Transylvania, Dr. Frank N. Furter. Susan Sarandon and Barry Bostwick star as his hapless guests
Brad and Janet, Meat Loaf as motorcycle-riding rough trade and author Richard O'Brien as the hunchbacked butler Riff Raff. It's harmless musical fun - a delightful spoof of Hollywood horror movies and Old
Dark House melodramas. All of our engagements feature live casts who perform scenes during the movie, and the audience is always welcome to respond to the on-screen action. THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW was
the first - and is still the best - interactive movie experience! [R]
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 03:36 AM
Addicted Fan

I really wanna see it as a play. [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img]
My mum went to London with her sister about 20 years ago and they decided they were gonna go see a play and guess where they ended up.. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Yep, Rocky Horror Picture Show.They had no idea what it was when they went in but they loved it and my mum is kinda obsessed with it now.lol.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:37 PM
Loyal Fan

I really really want to see this, mostly cuz of the cult following. The problem is, I'm 15, and my dad is being a huge tight-ass about me seeing rated R movies. Plus...transsexuals don't exist in our perfect world, so I shouldn't be exposed to that. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Can anyone tell me what exactly is so bad about this movie?
Old 04-13-2004, 03:36 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Roswellgirl1001:
<STRONG>I really really want to see this, mostly cuz of the cult following. The problem is, I'm 15, and my dad is being a huge tight-ass about me seeing rated R movies. Plus...transsexuals don't exist in our perfect world, so I shouldn't be exposed to that. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Can anyone tell me what exactly is so bad about this movie?</STRONG>
wow that REALLY sucks. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
I can't see anything that's bad about the movie..it's pure brilliance..
Old 04-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Roswellgirl1001:
<STRONG>I really really want to see this, mostly cuz of the cult following. The problem is, I'm 15, and my dad is being a huge tight-ass about me seeing rated R movies. Plus...transsexuals don't exist in our perfect world, so I shouldn't be exposed to that. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] Can anyone tell me what exactly is so bad about this movie?</STRONG>
I don't see anything that bad about it, but having been watching since I was 6 maybe I'm a bit biased. Sure, there's innuendo, it's very campy, there's one swear word in the whole movie and...yes. Personally, I wouldn't have any problem letting my 15 year old watch it, but everyone's different.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Part-Time Fan

i absolutely [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] this movie. it's one of my top favorite movies. hey does anyone have any rocky horror picture show avaters?
Old 04-14-2004, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

Sorry, I don't have any avatars. I might make some one day.

Oh, also just for the sake of clarity, Frank's a transvestite, not a transsexual. There's quite a significant difference [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2004, 12:06 PM
Elite Fan

the first time i watched the movie i was 16. i wasn't at home though, i was at a cast party for a school play but i have watched it at home and my parents are okay about it. my mom even said she went to see it in the theatres a couple times when she was in college.

here's an animation someone made on fanforum(not me) but i put it on my website.

Old 04-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Passionate Fan

I work at a theatre that shows this movie with a cast. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] I catch it every chance I get. It's fabulous! I was just wondering: What's everybody's favorite song?

Mine's I can Make You a Man

[ 04-16-2004: Message edited PuRiTy ]