Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-21-2003, 12:04 PM
Elite Fan

Xander & Willow: The couple that almost happened

Xander and Willow.

Friends from the beginning. At first, Willow wanted Xander, but Xander wasn't really interested in Willow in that way. Then, as the two of them became involved romantically with others, they found themselves suddenly drawn to each other.

What would things have been like if they had decided to give their love a chance?

[ 11-21-2003: Message edited Mr. Impatient ]
Old 11-21-2003, 01:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Xander/Willow is the first couple I ever shipped, so it's why I still have a soft spot for them. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I very much enjoyed what they had together, as short as it was. Seriously, that scene in Homecoming was at the same time so cute and funny. And although I liked Willow with Oz, I was just happy to finally see Xander and Willow share a kiss! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

But now that I think of it, I don't think the two of them could have had a lasting relationship. They had a very close frienship and always acted more like brothers and sisters than lovers. Their short affair was nice to see but doomed from the start.
Old 11-23-2003, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

Hmm... It seems all of their relationships were doomed. It was part of being on the Hellmouth. They would have also had problems when Willow realized that she was gay. That would have ended the relationship if nothing else had. Although... Not necessarily. I mean, if she had been in a relationship with Xander, there is a good chance that she would never have gotten as close to Tara as she did.

I guess we each have to come up with our own interpretation of what would have happened if they had given their romance a chance.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Benjigab:
<STRONG>And although I liked Willow with Oz, I was just happy to finally see Xander and Willow share a kiss! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Me too. I was quite torn actually because I loved Willow/Oz but I really wanted Willow/Xander to be together as well.

I think they have such a sweet friendship, and when that stopped being focused on so much I think the show really lost something.

Kat | icon |
Old 11-25-2003, 09:46 AM
Master Fan

Uh, i'm weird in this topic. I loved Xander and Willow, and i wanted them to be together but that was when Oz wasn't there. I was really dissapointed. Besides, since that day i started to have a hate feeling for Willow. I loved Oz so much.
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
Old 11-25-2003, 10:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think an Oz/Willow/Xander threesome would have been the only way to solve the problem [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Kat | icon |
Old 11-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

I really started liking them in the begining of "when she was bad". the whole icecream thing. it just melted me.

I know in my heart, I know in my mind,
we're meant to be, are you feelin' me yo.
I'm the girl in your life, I'm the one you call wife,
Old 11-26-2003, 04:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Alicia2003:
<STRONG>I really started liking them in the begining of "when she was bad". the whole icecream thing. it just melted me.</STRONG>
That was a great scene! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] one of my favourite moments between the two of them.

Although, later, when she put the ice cream on her nose, and he just told her that she had something on her face... That was kinda sad. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Kat-:
<STRONG>

Me too. I was quite torn actually because I loved Willow/Oz but I really wanted Willow/Xander to be together as well.

I think they have such a sweet friendship, and when that stopped being focused on so much I think the show really lost something.</STRONG>
I was torn too at some point... but then Tara came into the picture and I had no doubt any more about who i wanted Willow to be with.

And I agree with you that the show lost something when it stopped focusing on their friendship. I still love the later seasons, but there was something really quite and unique about early seasons Xander and Willow.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

I have to say that I really don't like Xander and Willow together.

The weird thing is...I Love Vamp Xander and Vamp Willow together... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]..

Kooky, huh?

claudia
Old 12-02-2003, 11:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Well, to me it's the opposite. I liked Xander and Willow together, but didn't care about Vamp Xander and Vamp Willow. But maybe that's because Vamp Xander would be better with me... [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2003, 12:03 PM
Elite Fan

I liked both couples. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I think Vamp Xander and Vamp Willow had a special kind of appeal. Probably because of all that leather... And the evil... And... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

Bengi you can have VX.. i want VW shes all mine.. man id have to buy like tons of whips and chains and handcuffs.. okey that was probably an over share.. sorry

but hey i liekd both couples together.. they just had a certain appeal that i loved.. i think its the forbidden friendship thing..

I know in my heart, I know in my mind,
we're meant to be, are you feelin' me yo.
I'm the girl in your life, I'm the one you call wife,
Old 12-03-2003, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The thing I liked about Willow/Xander was that they clearly cared about each other so much. I like how Xander isn't a joke to Willow like he seemed to be for other people. They had so much history and really knew each other...there was no pretence because they couldn't hide things from each other and each one fully accept the other for who they are.

Kat | icon |
Old 12-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Kat, I completely agree with your post. Xander and Willow share a really deep connection, and since they've known each other for so long they are even more than friends. They're like brother and sister actually.