Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Extreme Fan

*looks around* well. it seems I killed the thread, so I might as well go for broke

The Art of Firebreathing Harry/Charlie

And a couple angst filled cookie recs to entice some action...

Call It Love
Pairing: HP/LM
Warning: Slash; Mpreg; Rape
Lucius Malfoy has finally gotten his hands on his five year obsession, Harry Potter.

Permanent Daylight
Harry/Draco, NC-17

House -- vote for it.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Beneath the Surface Everyone has secrets and problems. Just because Ginny doesn't remember them doesn't mean they won't come back to haunt her. DA/HP crossover.

What's up with the new kids? Buffy, Willow and Anyas kids start at Hogwarts. They meet the Gryffindor trio. Wacknuss ensures
Old 03-24-2005, 11:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Wow... I never really thought of Buffy, Willow, or Anya's kids going to Hogwarts.

I'm not much for crossovers but I may check it out.

Thanks to lost lullaby for finding this thread for me. Perhaps we should organize the recs by ship or genre... yes/no?

~Chrissy~
Old 03-27-2005, 03:04 PM
Passionate Fan

I'm reading random recs from this thread and re-reccing the ones that I thought were superbly wonderful:

We'll Always Have Paris by Melissa D. [R].
Summary: Draco and Hermione go on an exchange program to Beauxbatons Academy. They enter a rocky partnership to help each other make it through all of their classes; neither of them thinks falling in love will be part of the deal.

SUNDAY, BLOODY SUNDAY . By Indarae
After a heartbreaking final battle in his seventh year of Hogwarts, Harry Potter disappears from the wizarding world to come to terms. The rest of the world tumbles into chaos, putting Draco Malfoy against his mother and Weasley against Weasley. After a horrific loss, the questions remains - where is Potter and, most importantly, is he really the last hope of the wizarding world? A web of lies, treachery, and deceit traps our heroes until one last battle remains, one bloody Sunday. (R)

Love Scene by Elektra. In the aftermath of Voldemort's final defeat, Draco and Pansy have one last conversation. Draco/Pansy. (PG-13)

Reflections by Lady Narcissa. Harry burries his godfather (PG-13)

A Time Before Tears by Another Dreamer- What if Hermione Granger was suddenly and violently knocked out of time, finding herself in a blacked out Hospital Wing with happy visitors whom she doesn't recognize because the people she knew by their names were battle worn, broken, recovering, or dead? What if she had knowledge that could change the course of history? Would she listen to Dumbledore's warning or would she try and fix what she could? What if she fell in love with a man destined to suffer? Can she let history repeat itself when she has the chance to change it?

Stricken, Smitten, and Afflicted by zambonigirl
Another Marriage Challenge fic. I still think that I have nothing really new to add to it, but I'm trying my best to make it unique whilst sticking to the guidelines.

Ourobouros by Nagini - A tale of moral relativism and baked goods.

Last edited by *ADARA*; 03-28-2005 at 12:05 PM
Old 03-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Extreme Fan

I wanted to see if the thread dies every time I post one of my fics
So here it goes

States
Angsty, cutting, Harry-centric, slightly weird. That sounded so much better in my head

And because I'm nuts over mpreg right now:
painless j mpreg list -- lots of good stuff to be had

ETA:
just added a few of my twisted little ficcies
Look What You Did H/D, dark
Buttercups Harry-centric, deathfic, one-shot
Skin Deep h/d, dark-ish

And yes, apparently I can kill a thread

House -- vote for it.

Last edited by FawkesRises; 05-17-2005 at 06:08 AM
Old 07-29-2005, 07:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Hi everyone!

Today is your last chance to enter our competition to win a HP Gift Basket including the American edition of HBP.
Want to know what you have to do to win this marvellous basket sponsored by Chrissy? Go here to find out everything you need to know.  But hurry up. Deadline is today and you have to earn your prize

Have fun

Chrissy, Kim & Cara
Old 07-30-2005, 10:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm going to shamlessly pimp a short one shot I wrote (Draco-centric):

Title: Coping
Rating: PG
Word Count: 1,192
Summery: Draco Malfoy knows how to cope, though his method may not be fun. A character sketch set during and immediately after HBP.
Warning: HBP SPOILERS

"Coping" (HBP spoilers!)
Old 07-31-2005, 04:32 AM
Master Fan

There's an Academic Harry Potter fanfiction Challenge, that a finnish girl is doing (in english). It's for her graduation thesis, so if you'd look at it, it would be really nice:

Link to it

Thanks
Old 08-01-2005, 12:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnes Bean
I'm going to shamlessly pimp a short one shot I wrote (Draco-centric):

Title: Coping
Omg. That was brilliant! *shivers* I love your writing.

Think I'll check out that challenge, thanx for the link Anna

House -- vote for it.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Fave Fanfic First Kiss Moments Compilation...All Ships Invited!!

Hey all you HP fans!

So I originally started this out as a project for just one of the ships, but then I realized that it was rude not to just invite everyone to post (the houses must join together, as the sorting hat said ) and then I'll divide the stuff up into the appropriate ships and send em' your way once they're completed, organized, etc.

The idea is this:

a compilation of first kiss moments from everyone's fave fanfiction - for your ship of choice (you can submit more than one ship if you'd like, they'll be divided up as I said)

Works like this: send me via PM or email your fave first kiss moments from fanfics. Be sure to include:

Ship
Title of Fanfic
Author(s)
Rating
Link
Any absolutely necessary exposition (hopefully none is needed)
Copy and paste the first kiss moment - neither link to, nor entire fanfic story - in body of email, pm or post (I can be emailed at kcruz78@yahoo.com) - email or PM is preferred

As suggestions are made and lists are compiled, I will take it upon myself to contact the authors to get permission to distribute the lists with something of their work posted within it (and explain to them what this is basically) - but if you know you have it or if you are the author, please state that in your PM/Email to me so I know I've already gotten it

Hope you'll all contribute your faves! Let's set the deadline as...September 14th, since that's my bro's bday, lol

Can't wait to see what everyone posts!
Krispy
Old 08-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Krispy as I said over at the other thread, this idea is great! I have alot of fics I have favorite kisses for but I will just send a few when I have the time to.
My LJ
Old 08-02-2005, 12:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

In an effort to get the ball rolling, I'm posting 2 (these are both a lil bit longer than they should generally be) entries from a couple of my absolutely fave fics!

~*~
Fellytones and Fuzzy Slippers: A Love Story
by TreacleTart
Ship: Ron/Hermione

“I. Do. Not. Need. To. Use. Spells. If I could translate the equations that may eventually lead to a cure for lycanthropy I could certainly follow a simple recipe and cook a lasagna.”

Two hours later, they both stood looking into the pan.” It doesn’t quite look like the picture does it?”

“Shut up Ron.”

He smiled at her. Hermione Granger was not used to failing at something. What kind of friend would he be if he did not take complete advantage of the situation and use it to ridicule Hermione for the rest of her life? What are friends for after all?

“Maybe we could just cover it in sauce and cheese and no one will know.”

“Shut up Ron.”

“I mean, unless they actually try to eat it or something….Is it supposed to smell like that.”

A frying pan was sent hurdling across the room, missing Ron’s head by millimeters as it smashed into the wall behind him. “Oh sure, that you’ll use magic for.”

The toaster followed the frying pan.

“Sure, destroy the evidence so one can figure out what really happened to the toast. You are devious aren’t you.”

“That’s it, Ron if you speak one more word I will…” She pointed her wand. But, before she could finish her sentence Ron leapt forward grabbing her by the wrist and taking her wand. He pulled her in close. “You’ll what?” He mocked.

“Ronald Arthur Weasley, you let me go this instant. Don’t think your Auror training will be enough to stop me from pummeling you. Let me go now!”

He watched her as she tried to pull her arm away. She was never more beautiful as she was at that moment; her hair was quickly coming out of the clasp that held it down, her eyes were wild and irate, and a flush of deep crimson awash across her cheeks. He knew he was in for a world of trouble if he let go. But then again why would he want to let go. “I don’t think I will.”

Hermione was apoplectic. “What do you mean you don’t think you will? I don’t remember giving you options. Get your hands off me.”

“No.” His eyes darkened as he simply smiled. Without any explanation, he threw her wand across the room and put his hands around her waist as he lifted her onto the table.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“I’m not sure really, but sometimes you just have to say what the hell.” And before she could respond he leaned in further and kissed her.

~*~

Anam Cara
by ShellyK and RedBlaze
Ship: Ron/Hermione

"You're her," he whispered in amazement.

"Her?" Hermione asked distractedly, taking a step backwards, and tripping over more mess, feeling totally exposed.

"My dream girl. . ."

"Oh! Thank you. . . but, I think it's a love spell that's affecting your judgment."

"You're the one I've been dreaming of every night. . . You wouldn't tell me your name. You said I should know," Ron mumbled, tilting his head to look at her more closely. "I guess I should have. . ."

"Oh," Hermione said, reaching to tie her dressing gown when she noticed his gaze directed at her chest. Suddenly, his words struck her and she gasped in horror. "Oh. . . Oh god. . ."

She felt her whole face heat up. The blush spread to her neck and she thought she'd be sick from the sheer embarrassment that poured over her. All her dreams, her very private dreams--Ron had been there.

She started backing up in earnest, abandoning the tie to her gown. It hardly mattered. In her hast, her heal caught on Pig's cage that was laying in her path, and she fell, landing smack on her bum in the middle of a pile of Ron's clothes.

"Are you ok?"

Ron leapt over the cage and grasped her upper arm, helping her up. An electrifying shudder reverberated through her despite her embarrassment. His touch felt so good, his rough fingers so right against her soft skin.

"I've got to go," she said, jerking her arm out of his grasp and turning towards the door.

"Please don't. . ." Ron said, following after her.

His room was like an obstacle course and she nearly fell again, but didn't stop in her retreat. "I have to!"

"It's late."

"I don't care."

"You'll get caught," he said as Hermione backed against the door just in time for Ron's hands to land on either side of her head, trapping her against the old wood. "It'd look really bad for the Head Girl to be found lurking around the Boys' dormitory."

"I'll risk it," she whispered weakly.

Hermione could feel the heat from his tense, hard body as the tantalizing smell of his spiced soap surrounded her. He exuded masculinity and his effect on her was so strong she almost moaned out loud with longing. She had to squeeze her eyes shut when she found them level with his bare chest. Her heart was pounding, beating at her ribs relentlessly. Excitement was flooding through her and it made thinking nearly impossible.

"I meant what I said, Hermione," Ron breathed against her ear in a voice laced with lust. "I will make you mine."

Her eyes flew open and she met his gaze head on. The passion she saw there was startling. His eyes were no longer clouded, but a dark crystal blue that was so intense it took her breath away. For a moment she almost felt like she was looking into his soul, that she could hear it crying out to hers.

With a possessive growl he grasped her shoulders firmly and crushed her to him, not stopping to ask permission as he lowered his head to kiss her. Fire --hot and fierce -- speared through her as he moved his mouth over hers, stealing her very breath away with his intensity. The voice that had been calling to her all day suddenly reverberated very clearly in her mind, leaving one word in it's wake. . .

Mine

~*~

Be sure to add your own!
Old 08-02-2005, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

good lord, those are both great!
My LJ
Old 08-02-2005, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would notice this just as im leaving for work!

Well here is my contrubution. The kiss that became the reason for the name HMS Pumpkin Pie:

Title: untitled, but it's known as the original Pumpkin Pie tale
Author: Narri aka Someone The First
Rating: PG or PG-13, I guess
Genre: fluff
Ship: Harry/Hermione
Link: http://www.fictionalley.org/fictiona...8383#post98383

His hand snuck under Hermione’s chin and tilted her face to his, forcing her eyes up. Her mouth opened slightly as she let out a breath of surprise. “Harry?” she asked.

He didn’t speak. He couldn’t. His insides were rattling too hard. All he could do was slowly lower his lips down until they were pressed against Hermione’s, until the delicate skin of his own dry lips met up against her soft, damp once, until the breath she released made a direct transfer from her mouth into his, and it was then, at that moment, his heart jumped back up and went from clenching his stomach to pounding against him and forcing his lips to press harder into Hermione’s. He felt the curve he’d noted earlier slide across his lower lip as he tilted his head, shutting his eyes, and felt, to his relief, Hermione respond. She must have noticed his lips were rather dry because she wasn’t very hesitant in adding moisture from her mouth onto his.

He decided in that moment that lip balm was completely unnecessary when it was obvious Hermione’s saliva could heal all wounds.

Everything that had been clogging his heart and mind subsided as Hermione’s front teeth clashed against his, the militia was swept away as her tongue met his, and he got an adrenaline rush that lifted his spirits he didn’t think even the best Quidditch match could ever live up to.

It was only when their oxygen level went to a dizzying low that they pulled apart, and at that, they didn’t pull very far away.

“You’re wrong,” Hermione whispered suddenly, touching her swollen lips.

“What?” Harry asked.

“You’re wrong about losing.”

“I am?”

“You didn’t lose, Harry.” She smiled slightly. “It was a stalemate. A tie. We both fought it, I think. But in the end, we both threw down our crowns at the same time and accepted the fact that sometimes, you can’t always fight it. And you know what?”

"What?"

"You taste like pumpkin pie."

Enjoy!
Old 08-02-2005, 01:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Jenny, since you're a mod, I'm asking you - is it better to just have people PM or email these rather than post them on here? Should I also tell people to ensure author's permission to post (although it won't be posted when it's done, I'll PM it to whomever it should go to for each ship and then they can do what they want with it) - I jsut don't really know the rules adn don't wanna get myself nor anyone else in trouble with this, it's just supposed to be fun...
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top