Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Ultimate Fan

The NeverEnding Story Series #1: Warriors, rockbiters and nothings!

~*~THE NEVERENDING STORY APPRECIATION THREAD~*~

This thread is dedicated to the fandom, appreciation and obsession of the 1984 film, The NeverEnding Story, directed by Wolfgang Petersen, and starring Barret Oliver, Noah Hathaway and Tami Stronach

*=DVD COVER=*

*=VHS COVER=*

*=PICTURES=*

*=LINKS=*

The NeverEnding Story Online
Welcome To Fantasia
The NeverEnding Story
Final Chapter: NeverEnding Story Fanfiction

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Post away my little Night Hobs... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 03-22-2004: Message edited .:NiennaValandil:. ]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 11:52 AM
New Fan

I read the book when I was in sixth grade and I think the movie is really great too.
inuangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 04:58 PM
Addicted Fan

The book is one of my favourites!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And I like the movie too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Profaine Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2004, 10:48 PM
Ultimate Fan

Oh how I loved Noah Hathaway. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

I love this movie, and I've always wanted an Auryn of my own. I even tried to make one out of clay once (yes, I was obsessed) but it just didn't work out. Might have to try it again sometime. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Always wanted a Luck Dragon of my own, too. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I enjoyed NESII, too. It's not quite as awesome as the original of course, (which is usually what happens with sequals) but NESII is when I fell in love with Jonathan Brandis, so I do love that movie. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Part III sucked though (IMO).
Old 03-22-2004, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

Never Ending Story! I love this movie. It was a favorite of mine and my brothers and sister growing up. I always thought the childlike empress was so pretty when I was little.

My family still brings up every now then when someone's eating an apple how Bastian eats the whole thing, core and all! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And it never failed to irk me that you couldn't hear Bastian's mother's name when he yells it out the window into the storm. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
-Delilah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Phee:
<STRONG>Part III sucked though (IMO).</STRONG>
So definitely agree with that. Wtf? It was so weird [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] a friend and I saw it in the cinema and there were like 8 people in the audience, total. We should have been forewarned!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I remember learning the song in primary school as well [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] turn around, look at what you seeeeeeeee....or something!!
Profaine Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 07:06 PM
Ultimate Fan

*snerk* Speaking of the infamous title track, I was tempted to make the thread title the words to the themesong -- "Aah-aah-aah, aah-aah-aah, aah-aah-aah" was my original premise, but I figured it would drive people away.

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The minute I saw the Free Willy kid in the NES III trailer trying to be Bastian, I ran screaming...I haven't seen it and I don't plan to.

Phee: I love NES II -- not more than the first, but mainly and only for Jonathan. He was my first celeb boy crush, along with JTT, and I definitely have to buy that flick now. And Noah is very pretty [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]; I remember always wanting to know his hair secrets though -- he had abnormally perfect hair... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I thought the Child-like Empress was so pretty too -- to this day I think that. I was so jealous of her when I was little [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]. One of the things that squicked me about NES II was the actress they chose for her role, seeing as how Tami wasn't allowed to do it. I started calling her the Crazy-Haired Empress, 'cause she along with her illegal frizz scared me.

**ETA: For anyone who's curious as to what Tami's up to nowadays, I hear she's a dance instructor, since that is what she had done from her early childhood. Here are some pics of what she looks like now:

She basically looks the same to me -- just a little more make-up and different hair. Very gorgeous though. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-23-2004: Message edited .:NiennaValandil:. ]

Old 03-24-2004, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by .:NiennaValandil:.:
<STRONG>

I thought the Child-like Empress was so pretty too -- to this day I think that. I was so jealous of her when I was little [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img].

</STRONG>
Me, too. I remember trying to find a pearl necklace from my mom's room that I could use to put on my head so I could look like her. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Yeah, I was a crazy little kid. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

BTW - thanks for the pics! She's still so pretty. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
-Delilah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 11:52 AM
Master Fan

You know, I really tried, but I could never get into this movie. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2004, 11:58 AM
Obsessed Fan

This is one of the first movies I remember seeing. I always identified it by the luck dragon.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

This is a great movie for kids, but it's kind of bizarre; the first time I saw it I was kind of confused, but I liked the storyline because it was entirely based on fantasy (I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] fantasties!). I didn't really like the 2nd & 3rd ones though.

**Actress^Animal Lover^Flutist^Writer**
amusic20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Fan

I only watched the second one for JB -- he was just too adorable, but there's nothing like the original, as is true with many things. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'm actually bopping away to Limahl right now as I'm typing this...heh, I'm a dork. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2004, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

The double-post monster rears its ugly head as I inform those who care that I bought NES I & II last night and I already watched II -- that Jonathan Brandis... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

No words. [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2004, 12:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by -Delilah-:
<STRONG>And it never failed to irk me that you couldn't hear Bastian's mother's name when he yells it out the window into the storm. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
You and me both. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I know in the book he names her Moon Child, but I dunno what name it is he yells out in the movie.

Quote:
Originally posted by Profaine Angel:
<STRONG>

So definitely agree with that. Wtf? It was so weird [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] a friend and I saw it in the cinema and there were like 8 people in the audience, total. We should have been forewarned!! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Thankfully I didn't spend any money on it, I just happened to come across it on TV one day and figured I'd watch. I don't really remember too much about the storyline, I think I've blocked it from my memory. I can just remember watching it and thinking what a shame it was that it sucked so much. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by .:NiennaValandil:.:
<STRONG>One of the things that squicked me about NES II was the actress they chose for her role, seeing as how Tami wasn't allowed to do it. I started calling her the Crazy-Haired Empress, 'cause she along with her illegal frizz scared me.</STRONG>
OMG, that hair was terrible, wasn't it?!? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] The Childlike Empress is meant to look graceful and dignified....not like she'd just stuck her finger in an electrical socket! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] Tami will always be the one and only Empress as far as I'm concerned. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

You know, looking back, I reckon NES made more of an imapct on me than I ever really realised. I mean, the whole message of the original is how the Nothing was consuming everything because people stopped believing in Fantasia. To this day I believe in magic and luck dragons and fairies and elves and unicorns and...you get the idea. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Not too long ago I was blabbing on about something LotR related, and my brother looked me in the eye and said, "You do realise that Middle-earth isn't a real place?" and I looked back and him and told him that it most certainly was a real place, and that he was the delusional one if he didn't believe in it. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Anyway, the point of my little story is that it wouldn't surprise me if it was watching NES all those years ago that got me in that mindset of believing in magic and fantasy to begin with, and it's just stuck with me to this day. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'll leave you with one of my fave quotes, I think it's fitting in this thread:
Everything you can imagine is real. - Pablo Picasso
[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 04-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Absolute Fan

This is such a memorable movie from my childhood. The rock-biter creeped me out and the whole Gamork(?) sequence was ridiculously frightening...for a little kid. And my sister and I thought Atreyu was a prettiest thing we had ever seen.
gotmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread