Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2004, 08:57 PM
New Fan

The Outsiders (1983) #1

I didn't see a thread for the movie The Outsiders, so i thought i would create one. I hope that's all right.
So who is everyone's fave character/actor?
I just loved Ponyboy and Sodapop. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] But Ralph Machio (did i spell that right?) has always been a favorite of mine. [img]smilies/karate.gif[/img]
RonnieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:27 AM
New Fan

Sodapop. Thought it was the funniest name for quite a while...
pismofilmdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Classic movie!

Obviously Matt Dillon was hearthrob of the day so he was my fave for a variety of reasons. And not just because of that [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] It was sad at the end when he was hurting and brokedown...and obviously the very ending was pretty sad. ALTHOUGH the overdone, "pooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeee" kind of took some of the sting out of the situation [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

It's still weird to look back and see how much David Arquette and Tom Cruise have changed and how little Rob Lowe, Ralph Macchio and Patrick Swayze have. Speaking of Ralph, where is he these days?

[ 04-29-2004: Message edited summerbug ]
Old 04-29-2004, 03:51 PM
Loyal Fan

I have yet to see it! But I plan to rent it this weekend; one of my good friends is obsessed with it and keeps begging me to check it out.

---Violet [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]
Old 04-29-2004, 09:24 PM
New Fan

What does everyone like better the book or the movie? I haven't yet read the book, although my best friend loves it. She knows the Robert Frost poem by heart, and has for years!
RonnieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 12:45 PM
Loyal Fan

I think as is the cast a vast majority of time - the book is better. I mean, the film is a great adaptation but the book is better. However, reading the book now you always picture those who played the characters in the film [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-04-2004, 01:04 PM
Master Fan

they are working on a directors cut dvd release of this movie, suppose to be over 2 hours I think....
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by capesidefan:
<STRONG>they are working on a directors cut dvd release of this movie, suppose to be over 2 hours I think....</STRONG>
I read about that like two years ago... cause I'm really excited. When is it supposed to come out?

I love The Outsiders... the book is better though, but I still have a soft spot for the movie.

Brooke/Chase
prettyg38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 09:18 PM
Part-Time Fan

The book was definitely better, but I thought the movie was a good adaptation of it.

And what a cast! I mean, Emilio, Tom, Patrick... It's a hottie overload!

I almost bought this on DVD too, but the VHS was the same price so I just picked that up since I saw it first. Shoulda gotten it on DVD though. *shakes her head*

Oh well.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:23 AM
Part-Time Fan

It's A Classic!!!!

And Mat Dillon Is A God!!!

This One Is Superior To Rumle Fish!!!it Is So Strong And Intense!!!
satine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

The book was hands down much better than the movie. One of my fave books. However, it's fun to have the DVD of the movie simply because it's filled with alot of actors who went on to become big stars (or not). I always love watching the DVD just for the cast. The movie itself came off a little cheesy to me though............compared to the book.

It will be interesting to see the director's cut of the DVD. I will buy it for sure.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWalker
The book was hands down much better than the movie. One of my fave books. However, it's fun to have the DVD of the movie simply because it's filled with alot of actors who went on to become big stars (or not). I always love watching the DVD just for the cast. The movie itself came off a little cheesy to me though............compared to the book.

It will be interesting to see the director's cut of the DVD. I will buy it for sure.
IT HAS A HOT CAST!!!!THIS IS TRUE!!!!!MAT DILLON, TOM CRUISE, ROB LAW, PATRICK SWAYZE, EMILIO ESTEVEZ....
I HAVEN'T READ THE BOOK!!!I WOULD LIKE TO READ IT
Old 10-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Master Fan

satine1 - please don't take this as a scolding but we've asked you not to post in all caps. It's considered rude and it's like you're shouting at us. We understand you love the film without your doing that. Okay? Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.

While I doubt I'll get the DVD there's no denying that I loved this film and it was incredibly influential to the genre and for the young actors. Goooood movie.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 02:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrrshrr
satine1 - please don't take this as a scolding but we've asked you not to post in all caps. It's considered rude and it's like you're shouting at us. We understand you love the film without your doing that. Okay? Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.

While I doubt I'll get the DVD there's no denying that I loved this film and it was incredibly influential to the genre and for the young actors. Goooood movie.
I am sorry!!!I do not mean to be rude!!!It is just a habbit that I have from the greek forum!!!!Anyway I will try not to forget it again!!!!
Old 03-29-2007, 03:28 PM
Master Fan

This movie had one of the best cast ever

Last edited by laurendbs; 01-03-2009 at 11:23 PM
laurendbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread