Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2003, 09:06 PM
Cotton Candy

Signs (2002) #1 - It's happening.

This thread is for all of the Signs fans to come appreciate and discuss this wonderful thriller. It's one of my all-time favorite scary movies and I just love the cast. I hope this thread gets lots of posters [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Pictures

Enjoy...

[ 12-10-2003: Message edited DCreekFreak ]
Old 12-11-2003, 09:45 AM
Passionate Fan

I loved this movie too. I thought Joaquin Phoenix had all the best lines. He was so funny.

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 09:57 AM
Cotton Candy

Yeah, he was [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I have to see this movie again. I want to buy it on DVD. It scared me so much the first time though, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].
Old 12-14-2003, 06:48 PM
Cotton Candy

Who was everyone's favorite character in this movie?

They were all great, really great. But, I loved the kids. They were so adorable. I love this quote: There's a monster under my bed. Can I have a glass of water?...

[ 12-14-2003: Message edited Vada and Thomas Sitting in a Tree ]
Old 12-15-2003, 01:27 AM
Loyal Fan

This is a great movie! I adore Joaquin Phoenix in this - "One time, I was at this party, and I was sitting on the couch with Amanda McKinney. She was just sitting there, looking beautiful. So, I lean in to kiss her, and I realize I have gum in my mouth. So, I turn to spit it out and put it in a paper cup. I turn back, and Amanda McKinney throws up all over herself. I knew the moment it happened, it was a miracle. I could have been kissing her when she threw up. It would have scarred me for life. I may never have recovered" [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] .

Aside from the comedic bits, it is a great thriller. The scene where they first show video footage of the 'creature' at that kid's birthday party (in like Peru, or somewhere) totally freaked me out.
Old 12-15-2003, 12:38 PM
Cotton Candy

Haha, I remember that quote now! He really did provide for some lighter moments, which was helpful since I was terrified the whole time, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].

Here are some stills:

Enjoy!
Old 12-20-2003, 06:54 PM
Cotton Candy

I got the movie on DVD today! I got it at Blockbuster, so it was a pretty awesome price too [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2003, 02:12 AM
Elite Fan

Joaquin Phoenix can sit in a white room with a white tshirt and white pants for 2 hours and to me that'd be a great movie [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I loved Signs, I have the DVD. The movie is scary because its so real! One line from Roger Ebert explains it better, "It is not just what we hear that is frightening. It is the way Shyamalan has us listening intensely when there is nothing to be heard. I cannot think of a movie where silence is scarier, and inaction is more disturbing."

And yes, I am a Roger Ebert person, I read all the reviews I can. Just love the ol man.
Old 12-21-2003, 02:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

I did like this movie, but I was disappointed scare-wise... I'm not scared by much anymore, and this was like nothing! The birthday party scene rocked!

You know you love me...
gossipGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 02:29 AM
Elite Fan

I wasn't scared either, I don't get scared with movies.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-21-2003, 02:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Oooh, I liked this movie! Sure been a while since I last saw it though... I wasn't really scared, except during one of the scenes where they show the alien, my friend sitting beside me screamed, which freaked me out. Hehe!
Old 12-21-2003, 02:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by CaptainBackfire:
<STRONG>I wasn't really scared, except during one of the scenes where they show the alien, my friend sitting beside me screamed, which freaked me out. Hehe!</STRONG>
*ahem* I gotta admit I gasped and jumped when they showed the aline... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I was scared silly, I put my hand on my chest and tried to play cool. I confess [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The whole movie is a big play, no pay off but its such a tease! I have to see it again now!
Old 12-22-2003, 04:22 PM
Master Fan

I really loved this film - it's all about suspense rather than horror, and I'm all about suspense. It was brilliantly paced, and Joachin Phoenix's expressions alone carried so much horror, fear, anxiety, and confusion, that I totally bought into it.

I watched it back-to-back with my grandmother because it was so good -we HAD to see it twice!

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 05:29 PM
Cotton Candy

It's so cool hearing everyone's comments about one of my favorite scary movies.

I was scared, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. I get more scared with suspense than with outright horror. I watched it for the second time (on my new DVD [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]) with a friend and I was screaming so much! It was mostly just to annoy him though, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].

I still haven't really watched the special features. I plan to do so today.
Old 12-23-2003, 01:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Vada and Thomas Sitting in a Tree:
<STRONG>I was scared, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. I get more scared with suspense than with outright horror.

I still haven't really watched the special features. I plan to do so today.</STRONG>
I get more scared with suspense, too, and this movie REALLY scared me (and my grandmother). It was fantastic!

You'll have to come back and post about the special features, because it might be worth my buying the movie on DVD...

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread