Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2003, 09:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Lost in Translation (2003) #1

I saw it tonight, and I loved it. It's funny, sweet, sad, and simple...and the cinematography is beautiful. Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson had great chemistry, too. I loved the ending most of all. At first I thought it was just my fault that I couldn't make out what he says to her in the end, but as it turns out you're not supposed to know, which I think is perfect.

So, who else has seen it?

icon credit
alli balli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 12:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

hi...i saw 'lost in translation' the day it came out....i really enjoyed it too....you know that part at the end where bill whispers in scarlett's ear?......i'd wondered what he said to her too....but looking back on it i don't think were suppose to know what he said to her...because it's between them......as was the their whole time in tokoyo....
trailer link...
http://www.apple.com/trailers/focus_...anslation.html

*edited for inclusion of 2nd poster*

[ 11-03-2003: Message edited mukooh ]
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 08:46 AM
Passionate Fan

I think he said...

"I have your panties, if you want them, meet me in hollywood."
Old 11-04-2003, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

I saw it like a few months ago & fell madly in love w/it! It is extremely romantic & I just really appreciated the way it ended. Great movie!
Old 12-28-2003, 07:03 AM
Master Fan

I'm bringing this thread back to the top because we just got it released here this week in Australia.

I saw it today and I was blown away by it - Bill Murray should get an Oscar nom for it and Scarlett just gets better with every film she does.

I saw it with a full audience (there was only 10 or so seats left in the theatre) and when the one-night stand scene occurred you could hear this sigh going through the theatre which was more like an uh oh - but that last scene *sigh* as depressing as it was, was just brilliant.

I just loved it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Twitter: nlm78
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 09:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

i'm really looking forward to seeing this when it eventually comes out where i live in Oz.
+and just go flying+
.::+::.Zeb.::+::. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 11:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

it's so amazing. I have such a girlcrush on Scarlett Johannsen. I think she is so gorgeous in this totally unconventional way.
And yeah, the end was awesome. I loved how it all just built up to that. I thought that was done wonderfully.
le le low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

What's the video/DVD release date?

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
last beautiful girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 02:23 PM
Addicted Fan

I got the soundtrack for Christmas. I love it. The booklet has a lot of stills from the movie which is very cool. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Amazon has the release date for the DVD as February 3. Can't wait!

icon credit
alli balli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 08:27 AM
Total Fan

Great movie, I'm still shocked that they didn't enjoy their time there at all. I know Scarlet's character walked in on some flower arranging classes, but.... I dunno. It was fun watching her time with Bill's char in Japan, just another misery loves company movie. Like Rushmore meets Ghost World.
msanthropickat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 11:53 PM
Master Fan

It's quite possibly, the most dressed up and buzzed movie of the year that had me tearing my hair out. I have quite a long attention span (having to watch old black and white BORING movies in foreign languages), but I really did want to exit the theatre halfway through the movie.

I mean, it wasn't drop dead horrible but it wasn't good either in my opinion. The dynamic between Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson's characters did not get to me at all. So what, she begins to realise that marriage ain't that great, and for him that Japanese people are short and can't speak English. Big deal. Their "love", and I hesitate to use that word because there wasn't any semblance of that represented on the reel that I saw, lacked any emotions and feelings. It was a callous and stupid two hour exploration of whatever Sofia Coppola wanted to find. I left the theatre wanting two hours of my life back; watching 2 Fast 2 Furious would have been more productive and meaningful.
Timeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Loyal Fan

I saw the movie a few days ago.. and I didn't hate it. I think it was the kind of movie that didn't really start and didn't really end.

The audience kind of just steps into the scene, much like Bill and Scarlett, caught in the middle with the traffic flowing about them, except the only thing you see is the two of them and everything else around is silent and as the movie ends, you move away from that scene and everything continues just as it was.

Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you guys knew what song it is that Scarlett sings during the Karaoke scene with her pink wig on. I know I've heard that song before but right now, I just can't think of it!

Someone? Anyone? Please? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 01:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by KuKiy:
Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you guys knew what song it is that Scarlett sings during the Karaoke scene with her pink wig on. I know I've heard that song before but right now, I just can't think of it!
Someone? Anyone? Please? :
the song is called "brass in pocket"...it's an old song originally done by the pretenders...on their first album....and imo their best....
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 05:53 AM
Master Fan

Did anyone see Scarlett on the Today program last Wednesday?

My God that interview was good - in particular I loved her reminiscing of when she met Bill Murray in Tokyo <g> she's like "he looks like Bill Murray, It is Bill Murray".

She's very mature for her age but when she was doing that interview you couldn't help but think my God she is still very much a teenager <g> albeit 19 but still it was funny to watch [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I watched the movie again the other night and it still blows me away - I'll confess I don't think it'd win Best Picture or Directing (give them to RotK) but it has a v. good chance for acting gigs - it all depends if Focus Features do go with Scarlett in the Supporting or Lead category since the GGs it's Lead but other awards ceremonies it's Supporting.

Bill has a v. good shot at Best Actor across the board.

One thing's for sure.

I need to get hold of that soundtrack [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Nadine

Twitter: nlm78
Nadine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

Why was the movie rated R?

"I know who you are..."

"It's all fun and games 'till one of you gets my foot up your ass."
Cruel Irony is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread