Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2004, 02:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Scary Movie Series #1

The title ses it all.

I haven't seen SM3 yet, so hopefully someone who has can decide more than me whether a fourth one should be made.
Old 01-30-2004, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

I honestly didn't like Scary Movie 3. But I didn't like the second one so much either. Actually three seemed better than two to me. But I really didn't think they should keep going with out the Wayans brothers.
-Yellowcard-
jessieka03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 12:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Okay, here's what I think...

I really loved the first one...I thought it was clever and funny and all that good stuff! And I personally liked the second one, if only for the 2 facts that 1. I ended up having like 10 inside jokes from it and 2. I love Christopher Masterson!!!!

I saw the third movie very warily...I knew that the Wayans brothers weren't a part of it anymore, so I was scared that it would be crap! And a lot of people ended up really liking it, but I hated it!!! It was nothing at all like the first two!!! There was no connection to the others except 2 of the characters!!!! Once the Wayans were gone, the great edge that they had in the first 2 went as well!

I really don't think there should be a fourth!!! I mean, I'll probably go see it...but I won't like it or buy it or anything!!! I think one of the reasons people liked the first one was b/c they said there would NOT be a sequel...and now there are like 30 of them! It's ridiculous!!!! It's time for the Scary Movie saga to end!!!!!

DIRTY JENGA!
*Topher!*

*Sometimes you just take my breath away!* P/J

*~Mollz!~*
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 06:42 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know. I didn't see the third one because the whole staff changed... So, if it isn't the Wayans doing then I'll have an impossible time convincing myself to see it [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

The first and second one were hilarious. The second one is my favorite.
Old 01-31-2004, 09:42 AM
Master Fan

I would see it, but not buy it.

First and secpmd were hilarious. The third was semi-okay, but not really. Not as many memorably scenes, such as SM2's "Hold on to my finger." I don't know how long we all went around saying that. Iy was just funny!
QueenBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] SM2 had some really memorable quotes (and images) indeed!
Old 01-31-2004, 11:00 PM
Extreme Fan

SM2 was rated R, so they got away with more adult themes, as SM3 was rated PG-13.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:15 PM
New Fan

I agree with the above
they shouldnt make a fourth one cause I've seen the third and it wasnt as good as the first two.

Yes SM2 gave me and my friends tons of inside jokes. So even though the movie is basicaly crap, all those memorable quotes made it a great movie.
Anyways yeah they shouldnt make a part 4 for its bound to only make people angry rather than happy.
Tereistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 01:19 AM
Loyal Fan

Even though i'm a fan of the scary movie films i don't think they should make another one cause they made a ending with sydney for scary movie 3 to finish it off so i think it would be stupid if they made another.

And most of all I know that, ever since I kissed you at the DMV, every time I've seen you, I've wanted to kiss you again. And I don't know for sure but I'm pretty certain that... you have too. Ephram:2.08-Everwood
* Sweet candy pixie * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 06:58 AM
Absolute Fan

nah i dont think so the 1st one was hilarious but now they seem to be going downhill! its not cool
‎''The Dark Lord will rise again, Crouch! Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! He will rise again and will come for us, he will reward us beyond any of his other supporters! We alone were faithful! We alone tried to find him!''
ImmortallyUsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 08:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

I loathed the first two Scary Movies because of their over-use of pot-humour which I just don't find funny. It's probably the fastest way a movie can turn me off, and the first two SM's had plenty of it. I was appreicative that SM3 had almost no pot humour and I was glad to see Charlie Sheen back in a spoof role (Hot Shots! is one of my all-time favourite comedies and probably mt favourite spoof). All up I felt that Scary Movie 3 could have been a lot better, but I did enjoy it more than I had the previous two films in the series.

I don't think I'd be anxious to see a fourth title in this series though. It's probably outstayed its welcome. I mean, honestly, it's not even spoofing horror movies any more with its take on 8 Mile.
Chandler in a box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 10:44 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really liked #1, #2 was quite funny and more outrageous. Kinda mized feelings, but mostly, y'all don't want a SM4. I need to see SM3, shame about the Wayan's not being in it [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] They were the funniest characters!
Old 02-01-2004, 10:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

The problem with doing another SM right NOW...

Is that the horror/thriller trend of the late '90s -- When Scream and others came out -- is OVER.

That's exactly why they're switching to just parodyiing general pop-culture references like 8 Mile and The Matrix... Because those aren't genre specific.

This is why I don't think a fourth one will do that well... And I have a sneak feeling that it will be a direct-to-DVD release if they decide to greenlight it.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 12:19 PM
Absolute Fan

I honestly never thought they should have went on making any others beyond the first film. SM2 had too many of the same jokes it had from the first film and was not all that funny (More gross!) and the third was just O.K.

If there is a fourth I am pretty sure it'll make money but after seeing two and three I will not see another Scary Movie. They should just let it go. Sort of like Mike Myers should do with Austin Powers.
Old 02-01-2004, 07:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

What the hell I say.

I find them all funny. And if they wanna carry on I say go ahead nothing to loose. People will still watch.