Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2004, 09:34 PM
New Fan

Scarface (1983) #1: Because you don't want to mess with Tony Montana.

One of ma favorite movies

Note: There is another one that has the same topic because, I mess up on it. (This is the rite one)

Thank-you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-13-2004, 09:42 PM
New Fan

Start posting!!!!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Master Fan

this movie was awesome! i saw it when i was 9, and now i have it on platinum dvd
xO_tasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Absolute Fan

This movie was stellar. To me, it was the pinnacle drug movie in regards to drugs and the underworld. And the lines are fanastic. Tony Montana is one of my favorite characters ever. I confess, I use one of his lines in real life: "Who put this thing together? Me, that's who!" (I say it to my co-workers after I've done a project. )
ChiltonYale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Absolute Fan

Oooops! I didn't mean to double post! Sorry.
Old 09-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Obsessed Fan

This is one of THE great films of the 20th Century, no matter what anyone says.

Yes. It's hyper-violent and basically a gangster/crime movie... BUT it has such a style and flair all of its own (thanks in large part to Brian Di Palma, Al Pacino, screenwriter Oliver Stone and the ear of 1980s) and does what any good movie should: Transport the viewer to a completely self-contained world that is inhabited by "real" characters who have a lot of depth beneath the surface.

What is funny is that it has been adopted by the rap and hip-hop community as a kind of anthem that reflects their struggle to rise from the poverty of the inner city to have the success and respect similar to what Tony Montana has at the end of the film.
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 02:32 PM
Elite Fan

I'm watching this movie again right now.

My nephew wanted to see it and while I don't want him to watch it, at least he's with me and I can explain how this is fiction and in real life things are not this cartoonish and fun.
Old 09-10-2005, 09:00 AM
Master Fan

yea, this movie is definetly on my top 5 favourites list
xO_tasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

I've only seen bits and pieces of the film, but I know how it goes. It's supposed to be the ultimate guy movie, right?

Some photos!

The end was really sad. But I guess it had to happen to him some time or another.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:16 PM
New Fan

This has to be one of the best movies of all time. Even though it was fiction and about drugs it was inspiring to see a character like Tony Montana not settling for just being the help.
"I want the world chico...and everything in it"
iblazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Some great lines are:

"First you get the money, then you get the power. Once you get the power, you get the women. Once you get the women, you get respect".

"Never get high on your own supply".

"Never underestimate the other guy's greed".

"You filthy coakroaches. Who do you think you're fking with? You're fking with the best! Tony Montna, that's who!"

"Say hello to my little friend!"

"Grab the yea-o" (the cocaine)

If you listen to the commentary on the 20th Anniversary DVD, Oliver Stone talks about writing the script and talking to actual drug dealers and Columbian Cartel members. Stone admits to fully doing cocaine with these men because it was the '80s and everyone was doing it, so it wasn't hard to gain their trust.

What is funny is they all wanted to help because they wanted a "real life" drug movie -- Even if it meant incriminating themselves a little bit However, it got scary when they thought he was actually an undercover DEA agent and not a screenwriter and weren't going to let him leave one of the drug barron's estates... At least not alive, or not in a body bag. There's tons of facinating bonus material on the DVD set and they include interesting tid-bits like above. I highly recommend you get this version of the film as it is in its proper widescreen ratio as well as uncut as far as the violence goes (versus cable and TV where they edit the hell out of it for obvious reasons).
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Absolute Fan

I also like:

"All I got in this world is my balls and my word. And I don't break 'em for nobody."
Old 09-12-2005, 06:10 PM
Elite Fan

iblazed that's my favorite line. I'm always saying it. "I want the world chico, and everything in it". The beginning of Wall Street's screenplay? j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty

If you listen to the commentary on the 20th Anniversary DVD, Oliver Stone talks about writing the script and talking to actual drug dealers and Columbian Cartel members. Stone admits to fully doing cocaine with these men because it was the '80s and everyone was doing it, so it wasn't hard to gain their trust.

What is funny is they all wanted to help because they wanted a "real life" drug movie -- Even if it meant incriminating themselves a little bit However, it got scary when they thought he was actually an undercover DEA agent and not a screenwriter and weren't going to let him leave one of the drug barron's estates... At least not alive, or not in a body bag. There's tons of facinating bonus material on the DVD set and they include interesting tid-bits like above. I highly recommend you get this version of the film as it is in its proper widescreen ratio as well as uncut as far as the violence goes (versus cable and TV where they edit the hell out of it for obvious reasons).
There's a commentary? I have that DVD and never noticed it. I'll check it out.

UM, the DVD/TV versions compared are SO damn funny! I had a great time watching. Gotta love it!
Old 05-04-2018, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I'm still disgusted that The Academy did not nominate Pacino for this movie. He was outstanding. Showed so many layers of emotion.

It's clearly an issue of snobbery with them. The movie was too ~controversial~ for them to consider.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread