Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Passionate Fan

GG RL S&S Thread #239 - Where's Jason when you need a new Sophie title?

Previous Thread

Rory and Logan

banner by Undeniable

Welcome to the thread where we discuss spoilers, speculations, and analyses about Rory Gilmore and Logan Huntzberger of the Gilmore Girls. Have fun posting!

Thread rules
  • Be respectful.
  • Don't tease us with spoilers that you aren't able or willing to share just yet.
  • Please note that asking and/or begging for more spoilers isn't necessary. Our sources give what they can, whenever it is possible, and when the time is right.

In Episode 5.03, Written in the Stars, Logan tells Rory that she should call him "Master and Commander."

Master and Commander is the first of Patrick O'Brian's novels about Jack Aubrey. Sophie is the square-rigged ship that Aubrey is Master and Commander of, and those who crew in her refer to themselves as Sophies. It is the ship where Jack Aubrey first makes his name.

So, it is in this spirit that those who ship the Master and Commander and His Lady are known as: Sophies.

Hiatus

September 12
8:00 - 9:00 pm ET - 6.19: I Get A Sidekick Out of You
9:00 - 10:00 pm ET - 6.20: Super Cool Party People

September 18 (in some locations)
8:00 - 9:00 pm ET - 6.21: Driving Miss Gilmore

September 19
8:00 - 9:00 pm ET - 6.22: Partings

New Season
Episode 7.01 - The Long Morrow
Airdate: September 26
Writer: David S. Rosenthal
Director: Lee Shallat Chemel

Ms Chicklet at TWoP saw the screener. Part 1, Part 2, Recap of Twilight Zone episode that explains Rory's rocket gift from Logan

Ausiello Report: Logan's romantic gesture involves a flying object. The flying object is a rocket.

Bootie & Copperboom's tour: sightings of London airport set, shooting at Yale and Logan's apt

Ausiello Report: Rory and Lorelai spend some quality time together at a *a********l c*u**. Carrera 4S confirms: It's a racquetball court.

Ausiello has read the script for 7.01!: "Sure, the episode finds them on opposite continents, but Rosenthal has found a way to bring them closer together than I think they've ever been. All I'll say is his method is sweet, utterly romantic, and it ties in with the episode title, "The Long Morrow."

From Spoilerfix (07/14) - Paris starts a small business to help student prep for the SATs. She meets a student named Kaitlin and her mother. After being brutally honest about what she thinks of Kaitlin, she agrees to help her study for the SATs. She then has the mother and the daughter take an aptitude test to know what potential Kaitlin has and what comes from genetics. At the diner, Luke is particularly irritated especially when a customer tries to leave without paying his bill. When Taylor's Thunderbird is stranded in front of the diner, Taylor wants it to stay there until the insurance company takes a look at it. Luke must decide if he wants it towed or not. Being depressed and unsure, Luke can't make a decision.

Episode 7.02 -That's What You Get, Folks, For Makin' Whoopie
Airdate: October 3 ???
Writer:
Director: Bethany Rooney

Bootie's tour: There are Asian decorations in Lorelai's house.

Episode 7.03 - Lorelai's First Cotillion
Airdate: October 10 ???
Writer:
Director: Lee Shallat Chemel

Episode 7.04 -'S Wonderful, S' Marvelous
Airdate:
Writer:
Director: Victor Nelli

Episode 7.05 - The Great Stink
Airdate:
Writer:
Director: Michael Schultz

• Rory and Logan have dinner with his colleagues, possibly in NY
  • From Jet1945 at Fanbolt - Casting Notices for Bobby, Nick, and Phillip, members of Logan's London "team" in a new company venture

What Awaits Us in Season 7: Spoilers and Other Buzz

Ausiello Report:The flying object is a rocket. It is a gift from London-bound Logan and is supposed to be, initially, a source of great angst for Rory.

Abby & Katie tour: Logan's bedroom is blue, and that's all there is, the bedroom. There's a bed, a nightstand on each side with a lamp, and the one on Logan's side of the bed has a picture of Rory in a pink shirt.

Gilmoregirls.org interviews Matt: "...in the first few episodes Logan is mainly attending to various business type-things while in England. He also added that "the first chunk of episodes" deal with the Lorelai, Luke, and Christopher cliffhanger from last season."

Bootie & copperboom tour: They're building a London office set for Logan; sex with Zach is terrible

genki: Logan to have his own London storyline

McDreamy from TWOP: Lane is pregnant

New CW promo with Alexis, Matt and others.

Watch with Kristin: Alexis about Matt: "It's really fun working with him, I mean it definitely is, because he's always very engaged, he's always in character, and it kinda motivates me. Because, like, I'm on the show every day, and when he comes in, he brings this fresh new energy and its kinda nice to work with him. So, I hope we get to have a lot more scenes together this season."

Ausiello Report: Matt will cross over to Veronica Mars on Oct. 24 (3.04?) to play Logan Echoll's half-brother Charlie Stone. The crossover was the CW's idea . "I'm excited that it is a real actor..." Mars creator Rob Thomas says.

Terry Morrow of KnoxNews reports that Matt Czuchry will appear for 15 episodes this season, the first two "just seen talking over the phone".

Kristin in E!Online interviews Matt Czuchry: He thinks that Rory and Logan's storyline would resonate with young adults because it highlights the tension of Logan taking on his family responsibilities, and Rory finding out what she wants for herself professionally. He thinks Rory should remain single if this were the last season [in reaction to Kristin's comment about a "big Rory and Logan wedding"].

From GGMinn: Rory will have no new love interest.

Alan Sepinwall of The Star Ledger chats with DR at the CW party: "The first part of the season is (Logan and Rory) trying to deal with a long-distance relationship. Something will come and change that."

Maureen Ryan of The Chicago Tribune quotes Dave Rosenthal: "We have the benefit of seeing the future and knowing where we want to take them. So while something may be disturbing in the short run, or upsetting or confusing to a fan, we as the writers recognize that, yes, that�s upsetting but ultimately that�s the journey that this character has to go on, they�re required to do this or that...ultimately we�re interested in personal growth. Obviously if characters never went through difficult times or never suffered, or had to face obstacles it would be hard for them to grow."

Ausiello interviews Dave Rosenthal: "Rory's going to try to engage in a long-distance relationship. He's going to be in London; she's going to be in college. Obviously, it's a very challenging and difficult thing, and it's going to present obstacles for the two of them. But they're very much in love, so they're really going to work hard to make it work. He's very much on the show and very much a part of her life, but it's from thousands of miles away."

Ausiello interviews Milo Ventimiglia: on Jess returning to GG~ "Never gonna happen."

On the Regis and Kelly show, Alexis Bledel calls "recycling" of Rory's boyfriends...unrealistic.

myfanbase.de interview of Matt Czuchry: "My hope is that the audience will get to see Logan take on his adult responsibilities and thrive in the business world. Personally, I would love to see Logan apply his spontaneous nature and love of life to the challenges he finds with the paper and his fast approaching adult life he has resisted to this point..."

Spoilerfreak posts: a clause in Matt Czuchry's contract? MC to appear in last 3 episodes of the season

Kristin interviews EH, KB, MC and SP at the CW upfronts. - Clip from Canopus - Transcript - Matt: "Hopefully, with that London storyline," he said, "we'll get a chance to see what he would be like taking over the business and becoming kind of a mogul. Either that or it will be just a lot of phone calls to Rory, which is going to get tiring! But either way, I will be there."

CIP speculations for season 7
(posted on the first RL spoiler thread after the season 6 finale)

Partings: What they left us with in Season 6...

banner by KiraApril

AB, MC and Kristin's thoughts on the RL finale: "In the season finale, we're going to find out that Logan is indeed going to London [to take] a place in the paper there," Czuchry revealed. "[Their relationship] is sort of left up in the air because he's leaving for a whole year," Alexis added. "I mean, Rory's really young, so that's a long separation." Still, let's just say I'd be shocked if Logan is gone for good.

Ask Ausiello: We have every reason to be hopeful

MC's thoughts about the future of Logan, Rory, and GG: "So in the last episode, we'll see him in a way we've never seen him before: very vulnerable, needing help from Rory and needing a change in his life...You'll see that they're committed to each other, but there are plenty of obstacles in the way."

Gilmorefan recap of RL finale

Last edited by katiediaz; 09-10-2006 at 08:51 PM
Old 09-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Hehe funny title.
Katie can you add the 7.05 spoilers

Charmed, the name is Huntzberger
Old 09-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Linn (View Post)
Hehe funny title.

sorry, no disrespect, bad typing skills. *is my hair burning?*
Gilmore Girls: Guiltiest Pleasure #48
"Boom goes the Dynomite"
Old 09-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed1NM (View Post)
I understand where people are coming from, I am the same way when it comes to defending Lorelai, no matter what her choises are. i am saying Logan has always promoted that he is a huntzburger, he is important, that his name alone open doors, that IS arrogance. When I try to point out facts, everyone comes back with excuses. I never said I didnt like him, I like the fact that he has the name, it opens doors for him career wise, and in his life and death brigade, but it is pure and simple arrogance. when he made the scence in rorys class, pure arrogance that he could get away with it then telling rory dont worry about the class cause the guy comes to his house...hello oozing arrogance, his self worth his importance.
I'm going to C&P this to the new thread, but there is a reverse to all of this. How he treats Doyle, look at how Doyle treats him. Doyle treats him like he's his meal ticket if he kisses his ass enough. Emily & Richard fawn over him because his last name is Huntzberger. He gets Jordan Chase to leave Rory alone by telling his name.

He's aware of who he is, but part of that is because of how he's been treated his entire life. As a commodity because of his last name. Shouldn't he be allowed to use it in a positive or beneficial manner for himself on occasion? Not saying he needs to go through life announcing he's LOGAN HUNZBERGER, and he doesn't, but there are times when who he is is going to get something which no one else could.

Yes, at times he uses his name. FNAFF is a perfect example of how his name can be used for good. Like Abby mentioned, he doesn't want to do it, you can see him mulling it for a moment, but the reality is Bill nor Rory nor anyone else has the pull to get the printer to actually listen to them, they're just college students. He's not. He's the heir to one of the largest media conglomerates in the world. His name means something which the others don't. He's Logan Huntzberger, and he can do something about the current situation, no one else can.

I think he's arrogantly charming, or roguishly charming, or something of that nature. And I love him, have from the time he stepped on screen.

Abby, you need to explain how he's an ass or whatever you said in YJIJJ, cause he just makes me grin in that episode. He pushes her buttons better than anyone ever has on the show.

And finally the Birkin Bag, to me one of the more hilarious incidents on the show. Logan got it thinking Rory would like it, and yes, he can afford expensive things for her, for him it's not a big deal. But she doesn't have a clue what the hell it is, besides a pretty pink purse. Which he obviously adores, I love the look on his face when she shoves her bag inside it, because he knows most girls he's known in the past would have never done that. They would be all OMG LOGAN A BIRKIN BAG!!! Emily instead is the one that freaks out over it, and girls that they saw that night, not Rory. She still, the next day or a couple of days later, has no clue what it is, and doesn't care. It's just a pretty gift from Logan.

Katie, thanks for the new thread. I'm anxiously waiting for the entirety of your new update!
Old 09-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Linn (View Post)
Hehe funny title.

Yeah, doing it right now. Sorry, I thought it was already there.

Old 09-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Supreme Fan

Funny title...thanks Katie

Anyways...back to the issue at hand. Lemon, I see out of all my posts, you choose to pick the part where I said Logan was an ass I said that because that was seriously the first thing that popped in my head when I saw Logan come over to Rory with his plate of food...and then taking off with those girls. Yes, I remember exactly what I thought the very moment I saw that scene. So, that is why I posted that. I do think he acted like an ass. But a very adorable one at that. And I am sure pushing her buttons had alot to do with that. And I don't mean ass in a bad way, btw. Sure, there are a ton of parts in that epi where he wasn't an ass. But to get where I was coming from, you have to know how and when I watched that epi. It was the very first time I saw Logan on screen. I started watching GG on the family channel, and at the end of S4, I decided to watch the new episodes on the WB, which was YJIJJ. Then, I watched the ones before that. So, that was my very first impression. I thought he was an adorable, cocky, loveable ass.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Addicted Fan

hahahahaha! I love the title!
thanks Katie for the new thread!
So Long, Farewell, The Sound Of Music
Old 09-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyRae (View Post)
I thought he was an adorable, cocky, loveable ass.
Of course I brought up that bit, it's the only part I disagreed with! I do agree with your assessment of him.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Supreme Fan

I think more than anything, I was intrigued by him in YJIJJ...Because I knew there was more to him, than that rich playboy exterior. And yes, I associate that with being an ass...Sorry He was, IMO, a pain in the ass to Rory, and I really think she thought that at the beginning.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Katie, thanks for the thread & title
Old 09-01-2006, 12:45 PM
Extreme Fan

ass esquire i belive
Gilmore Girls: Guiltiest Pleasure #48
"Boom goes the Dynomite"
Old 09-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed1NM (View Post)
ass esquire i belive
haha thats Mr ass to you.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Passionate Fan

Great post lemon tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon tart (View Post)
I'm going to C&P this to the new thread, but there is a reverse to all of this. How he treats Doyle, look at how Doyle treats him. Doyle treats him like he's his meal ticket if he kisses his ass enough. Emily & Richard fawn over him because his last name is Huntzberger. He gets Jordan Chase to leave Rory alone by telling his name.
Though the whole Jordan Chase thing was also because he thanked him for entertaining "his girl", and how they were going on a year and a half.

Quote:
He's aware of who he is, but part of that is because of how he's been treated his entire life. As a commodity because of his last name. Shouldn't he be allowed to use it in a positive or beneficial manner for himself on occasion? Not saying he needs to go through life announcing he's LOGAN HUNZBERGER, and he doesn't, but there are times when who he is is going to get something which no one else could.
And really, wouldn't we all take advantage of this at some time as well? When something really needs to be done, it comes in handy. It's not like it's his first card out of his pocket whenever he wants something. In FNAFF, it was their last resource. And by their, I mean everyone at the paper. Logan didn't really benefit from it as much as the whole newspaper did. Rory and him were already on the road to recovery. This reminds me of the W&G eppisode where we meet Karen's sister Ginn, who absolutely takes advantage of the fact that she has an unnoticable physical incapacity to get everyone to feel bad for her and money from her sister . Now THAT is taking advantage of who you are and what family you belong to.

Quote:
Yes, at times he uses his name. FNAFF is a perfect example of how his name can be used for good. Like Abby mentioned, he doesn't want to do it, you can see him mulling it for a moment, but the reality is Bill nor Rory nor anyone else has the pull to get the printer to actually listen to them, they're just college students. He's not. He's the heir to one of the largest media conglomerates in the world. His name means something which the others don't. He's Logan Huntzberger, and he can do something about the current situation, no one else can.
Exactly. Read above.

Quote:
I think he's arrogantly charming, or roguishly charming, or something of that nature. And I love him, have from the time he stepped on screen.
I know what you mean.

Quote:
And finally the Birkin Bag, to me one of the more hilarious incidents on the show. Logan got it thinking Rory would like it, and yes, he can afford expensive things for her, for him it's not a big deal. But she doesn't have a clue what the hell it is, besides a pretty pink purse. Which he obviously adores, I love the look on his face when she shoves her bag inside it, because he knows most girls he's known in the past would have never done that. They would be all OMG LOGAN A BIRKIN BAG!!! Emily instead is the one that freaks out over it, and girls that they saw that night, not Rory. She still, the next day or a couple of days later, has no clue what it is, and doesn't care. It's just a pretty gift from Logan.
It's still one of my favorite eppisodes. I loved that episode! All I kept thinking was "I want that pretty pink purse, and Rory doesn't even know what it is!"

Quote:
I'm anxiously waiting for the entirety of your new update!
Shshhh! You're implying that there's a portion out there that is readable!

Old 09-01-2006, 01:10 PM
Supreme Fan

what am I talking about? Logan is an arrogant ass. But in the end, it doesn't really matter how each of us see him. We all love him for who he is....So this is all pretty stupid. Just because someone didn't love him from the start, doesn't mean anything. I will continue to debate his actions from the past, but I don't think we need to get into this debate about how people actually feel about him, or even perceive him. Everyone's perception is different. Just because I think he was an ass in YJIJJ, and Charmed thinks he was arrogant to Marty, shouldn't matter because the point here, is how he has changed, and how he will continue to grow. I am really looking forward to how he turns out in the end. We are watching him grow up...from the moment he stepped foot in Rory's life. There will be times he makes mistakes..just like there were times when I thought he was an ass, there are times when I think everyone was an ass. Finn, Colin, Doyle, Marty...they are all going to be asses at times. It's all perception. I can be an ass sometimes...but it's not who I really am.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbyRae (View Post)
what am I talking about? Logan is an arrogant ass. But in the end, it doesn't really matter how each of us see him. We all love him for who he is....So this is all pretty stupid. Just because someone didn't love him from the start, doesn't mean anything. I will continue to debate his actions from the past, but I don't think we need to get into this debate about how people actually feel about him, or even perceive him. Everyone's perception is different. Just because I think he was an ass in YJIJJ, and Charmed thinks he was arrogant to Marty, shouldn't matter because the point here, is how he has changed, and how he will continue to grow. I am really looking forward to how he turns out in the end. We are watching him grow up...from the moment he stepped foot in Rory's life. There will be times he makes mistakes..
I think this part is so important. We watch him screw up and take hits, on screen. He's not perfect. He's a character that changes and grows and stumbles, on screen. Just like Rory. He, nor they, can grow up and reach epiphanies while off finding themselves off screen, he doesn't have that luxury. He has to fail in front of us. But he also grows, learns and has changed while we've known him. Which to me is why I root for them. I want to see them make it, on screen. I do think their youth and lack of baggage is what really has allowed them to get past some stuff that has tripped up L/L. But to bring someone from the past back at the last minute, that just dimishes what Rory & Logan have gone through, together. And maybe I'm talking sideways, and Chris is the same, but I don't think so. The first time I really see Luke or Lorelai fight for their relationship like Logan did here, or Rory did here, I'll really be pulling for them like I do the Junior set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie
Though the whole Jordan Chase thing was also because he thanked him for entertaining "his girl", and how they were going on a year and a half.
Yeah, partly. But had Dean walked up and said the same thing, I doubt it would have had the same reaction. Jordon was pretty impressed with himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie
Shshhh! You're implying that there's a portion out there that is readable!
NEVER! Not implying that at all!

Oh, and btw, I can hear Jason now, he's going to be soooooooooo ... over being in the thread title!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread