Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2006, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Logan/Mitchum Huntzberger #1: 'Cause he does love his son in his own ways!

Hey

I decided to open a Mitchum/Logan Huntzberger thread, since I find the sometimes messed up father/son relationship to be very interesting.

Supporter List:
Undeniable
diavoletta89
Pauline73
xologanandaceox
shinystar
labrador
elliz
SmashinglySweet
rory_n_logan
potostfbeyeluvr

**More To Be Added**

{Max&Alec}

Last edited by Undeniable; 08-18-2006 at 10:12 AM
Undeniable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:22 AM
Master Fan

thanks for the new thread...can you add me please?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:23 AM
Elite Fan

Aww of course.

Well it's not really a pro or against thread I just want to discuss these two with the rest of you.

{Max&Alec}
Old 08-17-2006, 07:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Camilla, great idea!!

Logan is far to be my favorite character on the show, or my main concern... But I love the messed up relationship he has with his family, that's what got me interested in his character at first, since it took me a long time to think of him as an interesting love interest for Rory! ( it's getting twisted here!)
I love that Logan is more than just Rory's boyfriend, that's what I loved about Jess too with his relationship with Luke. (and that's what I hated about Dean!) It's good that he has his own storylines!

I love Lorelai (no, shocking!) and I think it's great that she and Logan have this thing in common. I'm dying to see Logan breaking contacts with his family, and Lorelai helping him out with that...
That would be definitely really interesting to watch!! add that to the list of "wishes for s7!"
Pauline73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Elite Fan

I wish for that in season 7 too. Maybe not break free completely, but stand up to his father about what HE wants for himself instead of keeping it inside.

Do you want me to add you to the list btw?

At least I know it won't be closed down since I asked Jenna for premition to open it before I posted the thread. Always a good thing to do

{Max&Alec}
Old 08-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

sorry..
I love logan but it's father with him it's very strange..now i must to go but when i'll come back i'll write
Old 08-17-2006, 07:28 AM
Elite Fan

So you thought it was only a Logan thread? Or do you still want to be on the list? I'm confused here.

{Max&Alec}
Old 08-17-2006, 07:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeniable
I wish for that in season 7 too. Maybe not break free completely, but stand up to his father about what HE wants for himself instead of keeping it inside.

Do you want me to add you to the list btw?

At least I know it won't be closed down since I asked Jenna for premition to open it before I posted the thread. Always a good thing to do
Yes, add me to the list please!

Well, Jenna closes threads for UC couples, which is normal, cause you guys are so crazy, soon enough, it would be only about them!

You see, I think if he stands up to his father about what he wants, I think it would only lead to a break-up. Probaly only for a short time, but I really do think it won't work unless they take time away from each other. Logan won't be able to start his own life, if he has always his father around him, along with the disappointments his father has... He has to build his own life, far away from the one he used to have, and then, get back to his "old life", when he'll be on track and sure of himself... (kind of like what Lorelai did, actually, though, I'm not saying, Logan will have to wait 15 years!)
Cause it's going to be a huge change... I have no idea of what it's like to have his/her own life already set up, chosen and decided, cause my parents let me choose to be whatever I want to be. BUT I can imagine that sure, it's painful, but kind of safe in a way, and when it's off, it's really freaky... That"s why IMO, he's probably going to be a lot confused, and he has to figure everything out on his own...
[/rant]
Old 08-17-2006, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

Oh yes, I see where you're coming from. I'd like to see him work out his issues with his dad first though, but maybe that's just me. Because deep down, I do think Mitchum loves his son and only wants what's best for him, but manages to show it in all the wrong ways.

Of course it would probably be a relief for Logan to get away from his dad permantly, I just think he'd regret it later on... Maybe it's just me tho?

{Max&Alec}
Old 08-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Obsessed Fan

Aww this is a cute idea Cam....I love it
xologanandacexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Of course it would probably be a relief for Logan to get away from his dad permantly, I just think he'd regret it later on... Maybe it's just me tho?
Of course, he'll regret it, I'm not saying the contrary! Again, comparing Lorelai's situation, remember what she said in "Friday night's all right for fighting":
Quote:
I remember the first Christmas after we left Hartford, we were at the Independence Inn and I got an invitation to their annual Christmas party, and I didn't go. And that one move defined our entire future relationship! I mean, if I'd gone it would have been awful, but I would have broken the ice and maybe, and I know this is a big maybe, but maybe we would have been a tad closer than we are now, or could ever hope to be.
Of course, she regret it, but she had to do it... Sometimes, the decisions we HAVE to make aren't the less painful ones, or the easiest ones to live. But that's just the way it is.

And again, when I'm saying they have to take time away from each other, it can be 10 years, but it can be 6 months, I have no idea... But to me, they really need a break, cause they can't keep going like this. they're both stubborn, so of course, it's not working!
Elite Fan

Want me to add you to the list Ang?

ETA:

Pauline - No, I agree. They do need a break from each other. I even think Mitchum needs a break from Logan.

But they did take a break though, the year Logan took the year off? So perhaps they need a more premenant break after all, now that I think about it.

{Max&Alec}
Old 08-17-2006, 07:54 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Want me to add you to the list Ang?

ETA:

Pauline - No, I agree. They do need a break from each other. I even think Mitchum needs a break from Logan.

But they did take a break though, the year Logan took the year off? So perhaps they need a more premenant break after all, now that I think about it.
yea thanks
xologanandacexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Well, yes, they did take a break, but while Logan was still "the heir of the huntzberger company". It's all going to be different when he'll say out loud what he really wants...

BTW, random question: Logan has never really said why he didn't want to take his father's job? We don't know, if it's because he doesn't like journalism (I don't think so!) if it's because there's too mcuh responsabilities, or if it's because there's too mcuh pressure, and he really wants his life on his own, with his own decisions?... or maybe something else?
What do you think?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Elite Fan

I'll go and do that right now

ETA:

I don't think it's the ACTUAL job he doesn't want, and he's a brilliant journalist according to Doyle in season 5, so it's not that. I do think it's because the pressure. It's always been about the pressure he has on him. He knows that Mitchum and Elias are just waiting for him to mess it up (when he does get the responsiblities). They have no faith in him really. I guess in some ways he's afraid that they are right. That he can't manage to get it right, that he can't handle the responsibilities of being a Huntzberger.

{Max&Alec}
Reply   Post New Thread